• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How Many Cells?

TomC

How many cells you guys running on your supers.?

I'm planning on using a Tekin Rebel 2 ESC. likely 65T motors not sure on pinion yet.

How many would you suggest?

I've been running a regular 6 cell sub C. They are cheap, and you get lots of run time. I am running one's I already had. If I was buying strictly from a comp perspective, I would likely try some 8 cell 2/3 A packs, but I also broke an axle shaft trying that :mad:

I run a 2 cell lipo on the super. Seems to be more tolarant to the cold weather, it is lighter so it doesnt upset the balance of the truck, smaller so placment is easier. Just make sure it is a quality cell like thunder power or simular.

For general bashing I think a 6 cell large milliamp pack would be great.

I currently run 10 cells on my super(super chicken speed control). The Tekin can only handle 7 cells (Especially if you are using high torgue servos). Do not run more than 7 cells to a tekin BEC(speeking from experiance)!

Chad-

grover said:
I currently run 10 cells on my super(super chicken speed control). The Tekin can only handle 7 cells (Especially if you are using high torgue servos). Do not run more than 7 cells to a tekin BEC(speeking from experiance)!

Chad-

Hey Chad. How about 8cell 2/3A pack as opposed to an 8cell SC pack.
Will that run ok on the Tekin 2?

Cool I orderd a 7 cell 2/3A pack..Should work fine. I also still have a 6 cell subC 1600 pack as well.. Still not real confident I'll have everything by the next comp, but hopefull.

smr4runner said:
Hey Chad. How about 8cell 2/3A pack as opposed to an 8cell SC pack.
Will that run ok on the Tekin 2?

I consider that the limit of the tekin especially if you are using the BEC. The smaller cells are more friendly because they have limited peak amps compared to the SC packs.

I have only burned up four trying to find the limit. the final staw was at the UROC course in Phoenix trying to impress Tracy Jordan (I only had 8 sub c cells in that truck):mad:

Chad-

grover said:
I consider that the limit of the tekin especially if you are using the BEC. The smaller cells are more friendly because they have limited peak amps compared to the SC packs.
Chad-

thanks Chad.

Mike

I run an 8cell 2/3A 1500 elite pack, actually it's split, 4 on each axle. Or an 8cell 4/5A pack or an 8cell subC pack. I guess what I'm trying to say is 8cells.:D
Nathan

Latest posts