• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

how much do you pay for tube?

Im building a Titanium buggy for KOH 2009, it cost $33,000 just for the tubing

Just joking!!!
No, I have never welded titanium. I do have a chunk, it is light weight, similar to aluminum, tough like chromoly. If you grind it the sparks are bright white/blue, its neat metal. Are you guys building a new buggy for KOH? I have some chromoly/9"/planetary/3 ton/mini monstertruck/4 wheel steer axles I will give you guys if you will run them.

Last edited:
Im building a Titanium buggy for KOH 2009, it cost $33,000 just for the tubing

Just joking!!!
No, I have never welded titanium. I do have a chunk, it is light weight, similar to aluminum, tough like chromoly. If you grind it the sparks are bright white/blue, its neat metal. Are you guys building a new buggy for KOH? I have some chromoly/9"/planetary/3 ton/mini monstertruck/4 wheel steer axles I will give you guys if you will run them.

I've never welded titanium either, it wouldn't be worth setting up a booth to do it one time either. KOH ride, it's a secret:fawkdancesmiley:

i destroyed someones titanium weld test piece once. wasnt marked and i thought it was aluminium. had to drill a hole through it and melted the carbide drill bit. it cut real nice for about two revolutions of the lathe then **** started shaking and bouncing all over the place. i shut down the lathe and withdrew the drill bit which was in the tailstock. it was glowing red hot and had ground/melted itself into a ball.:redneck:

some lessons you never forget. always verify the material.

Well I can tell you that my old man spends over 100K a month with them, and I can't come anywhere near that price, so kinda hard to belive your getting it for $1 a ft.

x2
I would buy all you can and scrap it for that.
thats less than salvage price.:masturbanana[1]:

So much BS so few answers.
1 3/4 .095 hrew $1.85 ft
1 3/4 .120 hrew $3.00 ft
This was 2 weeks ago
Swift Steel in Redmond OR

today 10-20-08 one stick of 2" .120 wall DOM from Everett Steel $110 each. might be 18 feet might be 25 feet?

1 1/2" .120 wall DOM $78 each same conditions on length.

Latest posts