• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How to hole saw?

underoath4177

I can't figure out how to add a picture on my phone so i will try my best to explain. I'm building a front winch bumper and if i decide to put lights recessed in the front on each side, how do i set it up? The front is flat in the middle and both sides come back in towards the body a little, so if i were to use a hole saw perpendicular to the face, the lights would point out to the sides a little and not straight ahead. So how do i make the holes so the lights point straight?

Or am i over thinking this?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The way ive hole sawed oval holes:
Locate the center of the hole you want to make, drill a pilot hole, get a steel rod and replace the arbor bit in the holesaw and use that as the center guide. Hold the saw at the angle you want and go slow cutting on the edge.

Re:

Easy way to recess them. Cut a piece of tube at the same degree that the side angles back from the front face. That will put the mounting surface flush with the front face. I'm assuming you're using round lights.

Picture placing a roll of paper towels flush with the front face of the bumper. Then cutting it at the same angle as the side. The back of the towels is always flush with the front face.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Latest posts