• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How to Id toyota 4 cyl Trans and transfer

redline

Lost reverse in My toy @ Elbe and I need to Id some trans I got, so I know what in the truck for future maint; I`ve got 1. that seem`s two have both shifters forward and has a extra 4 bolt plate further back and 1 that the transfer case shifter is further back, no extra plate that i know of. couriuos about useing these tcase`s together. Any HELP on this one from those that KNOW? Thanks

Lost reverse in My toy @ Elbe and I need to Id some trans I got, so I know what in the truck for future maint; I`ve got 1. that seem`s two have both shifters forward and has a extra 4 bolt plate further back and 1 that the transfer case shifter is further back, no extra plate that i know of. couriuos about useing these tcase`s together. Any HELP on this one from those that KNOW? Thanks
The forward shift is a G52 and the one with the shifter in the t-case is a top shift W56. I belive you need to use at least one top shift t-case to do dual case setup.
79-83 all had top shift 85-88 with EFI all had top shift 84-88 carb had forward shift. 89-94 were W56 but forward shift.
Check marlins site for all the info you need.

So it appears I got a w56 in the trk which i know was out of My 86 22re and so the g52 which is what i got in the shop, Must be the One that came in my 4 runner as it is a 84. o`k i get that now ! However still looking 4 something on the dual case`s and if I can use what I got To double up?

So it appears I got a w56 in the trk which i know was out of My 86 22re and so the g52 which is what i got in the shop, Must be the One that came in my 4 runner as it is a 84. o`k i get that now ! However still looking 4 something on the dual case`s and if I can use what I got To double up?

go to marlin crawler it explains it better if you have one top and one fwd shift tcase you can double them up but it matters which is in the front crawl box and which you put in the rear which is your j shift pattern marlin and advance adapters and trail gear and all pro offroad all have the addapter plates if you have 2 fwd shift cases you need to do the top shift coversion
if you are going to run duals i would do the twin stick ( it will be on the rear case) this gives you another low low option and it makes shifting threw all the options so much easier then the "J" shifting that you have now you.
the forward stick is pretty much you ingage disengage dual cases. its a hi low selector your rear case is like what you have now so with twin stick and the dual you will get 2hi 2low 4hi 4low 2hi/lo 2 low/low 4hi/low 4low/low
i think you get like a 5.?:1 reduction then if you do alot in the rocks you can reduce that more by putting 4.7:1 in the rear case that will lower the numbers more right now off of one case your reduction is 2.28:1 + diff gears
that is reduction not full crawl ratio you add more stuff for that :awesomework: