• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How to Rockwell Axle Jeep Cherokee

Bindigo

Don't know what direction I want to go yet. I'm at mild and I want to go wild with my axles. I've been trying to compare axles (14b,d60)or just do the big boy Rockwell. In y'all opinion what is most cost effective in the short game and long game. For example would it cost the same to install two built one tons as opposed to debreaked rocks. And if I go with rocks can I use air shocks or will I have to use coil overs. What would be an estimated cost from start to finish per set. This is my first build. So i want to start right. I took the old jeep to Rbd this year and was pleased with how well it done. But let's face it I want to beat the snot out of it and not worry about breaking axles lol. Any input would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copy that. Well Dana 60 it is. That was easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get some ruffstuff frame stiffeners first, then go to pirate's cherokee section and start searching through builds and information. Lots of ways to do a cherokee wrong, but they can be built to take a beating too, i promise.

http://youtu.be/u2tO72t513Q

This was on 2.5 tons. 1 linked front and rear. Coil sprung and autozone shocks. Subframed and plated. It stayed together for the most part considering fab work and design.

I'm not a fan at all personally of 1 links. Granted they work and are simple but they don't work WELL. This was a cool rig but I think has been dismantled and disappeared.

The vid moves real slow but gives you a good chance to look at it and dissect some of the fab work.

Whoa whoa let it crawl, don't get all Redneck. Lol

LightBnDr said:
http://youtu.be/u2tO72t513Q

This was on 2.5 tons. 1 linked front and rear. Coil sprung and autozone shocks. Subframed and plated. It stayed together for the most part considering fab work and design.

I'm not a fan at all personally of 1 links. Granted they work and are simple but they don't work WELL. This was a cool rig but I think has been dismantled and disappeared.

The vid moves real slow but gives you a good chance to look at it and dissect some of the fab work.

Whoa whoa let it crawl, don't get all Redneck. Lol

I made it 2 minutes in......that should be a record. If there is a Kel, Hell, it would be the narrators voice describing how shitty I drive. No emotion, flat as a pancake, boring as Hagan's new diet.

It's a freaking cherokee. Get some ultimate Dana 30's and build a freaking rear steer, a top steer a middle steer and a ****ing steering axle for all three passengers too. ****, put a steering axle for the Youtubers at home and one for the guy narrating too. Sheesh. I have overstepped, but in my head it all makes sense. But, what do I know? Get to work and build the worlds first unibody bouncer booyang

Re:

Here is the best option for linking a Cherokee and stiffening the unibody. These are laser cut and fit together perfectly

http://www.essentiallyoffroad.com/ultimate-4-link-kits/xj-cherokee-ultimate-4-link-kit/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk