• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hows your Hunting this season?

gasman1

My early Archery Season was a "BUST".
:looser:

We sent 8 days hunting the "Halfway Flats" area with only seeing 2 Elk (a cow and a spike) the spike caught my scent in the swirling wind and bolted for his life and diesel truck sent the cow on a one way path to no where.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
We spent all day in the woods eveyday and hikes between 6-8 miles a day with nothing to show for it but sore feet and woren boot leather. The guys that hunt the nile area were coming to the area we were hunting because they were not successful in there areas. There were only 6 pic on the wall at Whistling Jacks" when we left on saturday (a day early). We were the last ones to leave, except the weekend warriors who just showed up.

I found about 10 different tree stands with a salt bocks close by, but none of them had any use, they were clean of any animal use had no animal track around them.

Oh well, there is always late archery season.......

Now it is time to get ready for Riffle Deer season, my daughter drew a doe tag for Entiat this year.......
:awesomework: :awesomework:

Hey Kevin, you did not miss any thing........ but i did have a :beer: waiting for you :beer: :beer: :beer:

Yeah, sounds like a usual early season...sorry to hear it was a bust man...:booo:
We're actually headin over for Modern elk Oct 25 til the 31st (wife wants me back for Halloweenin with the kids..Randy's Dad's not goin this yr, but our buddy George just called me today after putting in for the time off.:awesomework: Should be a good time---probably lots of hikin, but a good time nonetheless!:awesomework: don't worry, that bottle still has your name on it!:awesomework:
Good luck!!!Hope your daughter gets hers!!!

Hunting modern so mine hasnt started yet, this will be my forst year hunting elk, so that should be fun... caught this little guy around barn in the woods, figured I would sight in the old gun...

had to use the deer gun cause the .17 isnt sighted in yet, and the .22 wouldnt have killed it at the 100 or so yds...
100_0910.jpg

The guys I usually hunt with were down around Mossyrock this year for a week and a half and didn't get anything. They saw animals, but just couldn't get in them. That's all I heard.

I saw 4 separate herds including the biggest bull I've ever seen a few nights ago along 410 between Naches and the Park boundary. Apparently I should have been hunting instead of on my way to go fishing.

Last edited:
Taneum Creek/ Elk Heights Area?

HEADING THAT WAY FOR MODERN FIRE. FOR ELK AND DEER, ANYBODY SEEN ANYTHING OR HAVE MEAT HANGIN IN THERE CAMP FOR THAT AREA?
:eeek:

Elk

I'm loosing my mind....had a a BIG bull in my sites Saturday morning...and it got spooked just as I was getting ready.

Then again last night I saw him just a bit after dark..DAMN...

And tonight just a cow.

I think I'm holding off for the bull a couple more nights then taking a cow before all the apples are gone / and then the elk will be gone.

Going into Hancock Saturday for modern deer. My cousin got drawn for one of the trophy bull tags this year.

Whent scouting and set up camp for Mod. deer season last weekend.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: And several of these.....

Saw several legal bucks and many does (my daughter has a doe tag), looks good so far or i am just geting up some false hopes:mad: .

At least i know we will be coming home with one deer.:awesomework:

Wish me and the family luck..........
:hi:

Whent scouting and set up camp for Mod. deer season last weekend.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: And several of these.....

Saw several legal bucks and many does (my daughter has a doe tag), looks good so far or i am just geting up some false hopes:mad: .

At least i know we will be coming home with one deer.:awesomework:

Wish me and the family luck..........
:hi:

Good Luck Pete!!!I'll be headin to Naches next Sat...:cheer:

Dad got a cow Elk couple weeks back. I'd never heard so much bugling before, thought it was another hunter! Then I spotted the herd. Ended up about 50 of them, and weird thing about half were bulls. Never seen that kinda ratio before in a herd that size.

am i wrong

So have had these elk in my yard for the past 5 years...killing my trees as I plant them. I know...I should fence them off. But....Saturday, around 7:30pm this stranger pulls in my yard, I go outside to see what he wants. He saw a bull in my field, and wanted to shoot it. I said no way man...I hunt muzzle to...ect ect ect. I just put my gun away 20 minutes ago. So he keeps asking and asking I say no.

I'm the last one on the dead end country road; I own the property to the end of the road. I posted NO HUNTING signs all over the next day. So he has been going up and down my road since...3 to 4 times between 6pm and 7:30 pm...Turning around in my field, scoping out my field. Screwing me over with his grey dodge diesel ext cab...because the Elk are waiting until dark to come out now.

What would you do if you were me? Am I wrong or is this guy a major asshat.

Duck hunting was awesome in the potholes. Never seen this many mallards this early. Should have had limits if my gun didnt start acting up and misfiring every other shell.:beer:

Just got home this after noon, here are the pictures of the deer my daughter and I shot.....

Mine
2008HuntingSeason021.jpg

Rashells's deer.......
2008HuntingSeason026.jpg

Transporting my deer back to camp :redneck:
2008HuntingSeason002.jpg

We were hunting a valley and came across this wounded deer. There was no one around tracking or looking for it so i told my daughter to shoot it and tag it, and she did.
Best to not let it go to waste (she had a doe tag).

There was a truck with a disabled hunter parked up the road from the valley we were on, so i went to find out if they shot a deer and lost it but they were gone by the time we got the deer to the road.

Just got home this after noon, here are the pictures of the deer my daughter and I shot.....

Mine
2008HuntingSeason021.jpg

Rashells's deer.......
2008HuntingSeason026.jpg

Transporting my deer back to camp :redneck:
2008HuntingSeason002.jpg

We were hunting a valley and came across this wounded deer. There was no one around tracking or looking for it so i told my daughter to shoot it and tag it, and she did.
Best to not let it go to waste (she had a doe tag).

There was a truck with a disabled hunter parked up the road from the valley we were on, so i went to find out if they shot a deer and lost it but they were gone by the time we got the deer to the road.

Nice Deer Pete!!!:awesomework: Go Barbie Jeep!!!:cheer:

Got my first deer off of Long Alec Creek many years ago. Know the road that goes over the top and ends up on Boulder Creek RD? Passes an old broke down cabin? Right there. :awesomework: