• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hows your Hunting this season?

Calling Gasman!!!

You headin over for Modern Elk??? We'll be there from Sun til Fri.....:bananadance:

Heading out this weekend for one last try for Deer. After that I'm going to do my best to fill my Bear and Cougar tags. Anyone up for some Bear hunting?
hunter.gif

You headin over for Modern Elk??? We'll be there from Sun til Fri.....:bananadance:

No, we have 3 more deer tags to fill in the house.

I am taking my daughter down to Winston unit hunting elk this year, and i have a frien that has cow tag for inston unit, sp i am heading down there.

I was plananing on showing up on the east sde to say hi to those i have not seen in a few years but will be staying on the west sde...

Good Luck Buddy :awesomework:

Thanks Pete....:awesomework: By the sounds of it, I'll need all the luck I can get....Frank says there's ALOT of pressure over there, and the animals are pushed Waaaay back....we'll see!

Have fun in winston. i hunted that last year, what a **** show ill never go back.... 20 hunters in every clear cut and 15 of em are on the road. and 10 hunters in every patch of timber, and its a tree farm the timber patches aint to big anymore. And screw the whole opening half the gates up... Leave em all closed!. At least if your gunna open em dont open a gate on both ends but the one in the middle is still locked. I F'IN hate that place. And to top it off last day i was thier i got scoaped by a DOUSCH!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :bs:

Have fun in winston. i hunted that last year, what a **** show ill never go back.... 20 hunters in every clear cut and 15 of em are on the road. and 10 hunters in every patch of timber, and its a tree farm the timber patches aint to big anymore. And screw the whole opening half the gates up... Leave em all closed!. At least if your gunna open em dont open a gate on both ends but the one in the middle is still locked. I F'IN hate that place. And to top it off last day i was thier i got scoaped by a DOUSCH!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :bs:

It's like that in most places that have a lot of animals, I like to pack in at least a mile, the further you go in, the less hunters you will find.

My buddy has a cow tag, so we are pretty much going to help him.
If it was not for that we would head east of the mountains....

Lots of people, sounds like deer hunting the Vail tree farm......
:booo:

It's like that in most places that have a lot of animals, I like to pack in at least a mile, the further you go in, the less hunters you will find.

I wouldnt say they have alot of animals. its the few animals that are there have no place to go...

i agree with gas its alot like Vail, Ive never been but ive heard the stories

The Vail Tree Farm is an experience all in it's self.

After they closed the gates and stopped all camping every one had to go in the same gate. The gate would open at 5 AM to let every one in. We would line up at midnight to be one of the first in the gate to guaranty our spot. There would be 400-600 trucks lined up to get in the gate.

You would think you had a good spot all to your self or to your group, until day light hit, there would be pumpkins all over the clearcut and hope you see the deer before anyone else. On average there would be 1200 people hunting opening day, over the years it has got less but is still a zoo, and the quality and quantity of animals has gone way down. I went there once last season and do not plan on going back this year at all (still have 3 more tags to fill in the house).

The Vail Tree Farm is an experience all in it's self.

After they closed the gates and stopped all camping every one had to go in the same gate. The gate would open at 5 AM to let every one in. We would line up at midnight to be one of the first in the gate to guaranty our spot. There would be 400-600 trucks lined up to get in the gate.

You would think you had a good spot all to your self or to your group, until day light hit, there would be pumpkins all over the clearcut and hope you see the deer before anyone else. On average there would be 1200 people hunting opening day, over the years it has got less but is still a zoo, and the quality and quantity of animals has gone way down. I went there once last season and do not plan on going back this year at all (still have 3 more tags to fill in the house).
That's insane, I've never seen anything like that before, you should get some pictures for us, what happens if everyone spots the same deer or elk at the same time :haha: :haha:

That's insane, I've never seen anything like that before, you should get some pictures for us, what happens if everyone spots the same deer or elk at the same time :haha: :haha:

Swiss Cheese.........

We were sitting on a clearcut with another hunter across the ravine from us about 400 yards away. We were both watching the same deer come up the hill twords the other guy when a van with two guys pulled up saw the, drove to landing below the other guy and started shooting at the deer. They shot about 15 times and missed every one, we yelled across the ravine to them "Hey, Do You Need Another Box Of Bullets".

The messed up part is the deer were walking right up in front of them and neither of us were going to shoot the deer because it was a "Little Spike", not worth shooting on opening day.

I go after the big Muley's now and stay away from Vail, i will only hunt there as a last effort.

Yo Pete! Got my First Elk!!!!:cheer: (or my 1st anything for that matter!:haha: ) I am a happy man!
:bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:
Thursday morning about 10:30 the shot rang thru the canyon!!!It was a good day!!!Downside was he died about 450yds down a steep ravine:thud: ---upside was Frank had 3000ft of Mule Tape--made extraction much easier!!!:D

Attachments

• HPIM2012.jpg
    HPIM2012.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
our group wa in little naches from friday to friday and got two spikes and a cow. but hunting was slow for most and a lot a of pressure.

We were to the SW of Thorp (up above Taneum) and got a cow on Friday. It was about a mile from the nearest road. Was a bitch to get out.........but worth it.

We came over on Wednesday afternoon for Cow. Lots of hunters were there all week and hadn't seen a single Elk. Lot's of hunters, but didn't seem like there was much taken out.

Ryan.