• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hows your Hunting this season?

our group wa in little naches from friday to friday and got two spikes and a cow. but hunting was slow for most and a lot a of pressure.

Where were you camped? At Halfway Flats by the bridge??? The camp there was skinning their second animal Tuesday(?) about noontime as we drove by heading up 1709....

We were to the SW of Thorp (up above Taneum) and got a cow on Friday. It was about a mile from the nearest road. Was a bitch to get out.........but worth it.

We came over on Wednesday afternoon for Cow. Lots of hunters were there all week and hadn't seen a single Elk. Lot's of hunters, but didn't seem like there was much taken out.

Ryan.

Congrats Ryan! X2 on the lots of hunters!! Saw one Big Bull up on Clemens Ridge on Monday, a couple cows here and there, and of course my spike (which is now in the cooler!:D )... We opted for a less-pressured area, and it paid off. One other in our group saw a spike at 1st light (the same day I got mine), but he froze for a couple seconds and that's all it took for it to disappear on him,,,,,

I want to thank everyone for hunting. We went fishing at Jameson Lake Wednesday evening & Thursday morning. We were the only ones there, came home with 12.:redneck:

got my very first elk this year. got him up on clockumn pass. it was a great hunt!! had to pack him out 2 miles without packs!!
DSC_0271.jpg

got my very first elk this year. got him up on clockumn pass. it was a great hunt!! had to pack him out 2 miles without packs!!
DSC_0271.jpg

Awesome man. That's where we're headed this afternoon for one last try... maybe we'll get lucky.

we were camped in long meadow above crow creek. one came sunday one tuesday and one thursday, all three were in deep canyons and came out boned out on packs.

Yo Pete! Got my First Elk!!!!:cheer: (or my 1st anything for that matter!:haha: ) I am a happy man!
:bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:
Thursday morning about 10:30 the shot rang thru the canyon!!!It was a good day!!!Downside was he died about 450yds down a steep ravine:thud: ---upside was Frank had 3000ft of Mule Tape--made extraction much easier!!!:D

:awesomework:
Congrats buddy....

Just got in to town today myself, my budy got a cow in the Winston unit this morning. It took us 3 hour to get it 150 yards out of the clearcut. Cleaned it up and hng it in my garage, we will be butchering it on wed.....

Seen a small bull yesterday morningbut did not have a shot at it before it hit the tree line. Going back there this weekend to see if we can fill another tag.

Can't wait untill late archery...............

I looked out around Forks all day sunday and ended up haveing the bull we were hunting shot just about an hour before dark. Oh well, gonna go out some more next weekend. Looked for another bull with a bout 10 cows in another area by that that would hit the 280 range but no fresh sign, closest was about a week.

I looked out around Forks all day sunday and ended up haveing the bull we were hunting shot just about an hour before dark. Oh well, gonna go out some more next weekend. Looked for another bull with a bout 10 cows in another area by that that would hit the 280 range but no fresh sign, closest was about a week.

Ah, My ol stompin grounds---I was raised in Sequim... There's some good huntin out in the Forks area:awesomework: ...Good luck!

:awesomework:
Congrats buddy....

Just got in to town today myself, my budy got a cow in the Winston unit this morning. It took us 3 hour to get it 150 yards out of the clearcut. Cleaned it up and hng it in my garage, we will be butchering it on wed.....

Seen a small bull yesterday morningbut did not have a shot at it before it hit the tree line. Going back there this weekend to see if we can fill another tag.

Can't wait untill late archery...............

Congrats to your buddy, and good luck to you on filling another tag!!!:awesomework:

Ah, My ol stompin grounds---I was raised in Sequim... There's some good huntin out in the Forks area:awesomework: ...Good luck!

I have always wanted (and still do) to hunt the Forks area, but dont know where to hunt in the area.:booo:

Maybe we'll have to do a Wet side elk hunt sometime----could also call my high scholl buddy that hunts over there quite abit(more than I have).....

my buddy got a 4x5 here on the rock"whidbey,is" and my nephews both got there big elks and a bear each this yr,down by longview.

Forks

Just got back from Forks...shot a 5x5 bull on the Goodman mainline last night, loaded it whole this morning. I will get pics after it is hanging. Not impressive, just a little brush rack.

my buddy got a 4x5 here on the rock"whidbey,is" and my nephews both got there big elks and a bear each this yr,down by longview.
That's cool!
Just got back from Forks...shot a 5x5 bull on the Goodman mainline last night, loaded it whole this morning. I will get pics after it is hanging. Not impressive, just a little brush rack.

Sweet!!!!
Both of ya.....Pics!!!!!!!:awesomework:

The problem with Forks is, the Lapush tribe flattens the big boys well before hunting seasons start, they dont like white boys killin their elk.