• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HPO - SRRS Custom Buggy Fest 2wd/4wd - April 28, 2012

Anyone planning to enter for the bounty run can post up here and I'll update the list. If you decide to enter that day is fine also but it's easier on us to have the spread sheet ready before hand.

Michael hyde took the bounty. In a vw! Jojo or lc finished second they were pretty close times to each other but Hyde won by 5 seconds.

The 2wd stole the show no doubt, im really glad to see some of you guys coming out to our events. I was a lil disappointed that only 3 2wd rigs ran the bounty, im sure i saw atleast 10 at the park. Congratulations to Mr. Hyde, he was the fastest and made short work of another hill later in the day, that I said no way he will climb a straight up rock ledge... well he did. We let him name the hill after being the fastest, so the new bounty hill is now Wormy's Last JoJo Tanner climbed a nasty ledge to left of the bounty run, and named it Rocky Top.

I wanted to come enter my buggy also but we have an event in ohio this coming up weekend. I had to many loose ends to tie up before then so I couldnt make it. I sure would have liked to hit that bounty hill. I think I could have put a second or two on Hyde :flipoff1:. Na but for real his rig is one of its own, its a bad boy for sure. drool

yea more of us would have came if it was not for alot of us going to ohio next weekend but hopefully the next one we can have more come but im glad yall are doing these and allowing us to join in on the fun

Way to go Hyde! Will try also to make an event like a lot of guys said one of our biggest events of the year is this coming week and would be hard to travel down this weekend and up there this coming.I am excited to see you guys run these 4x4's in person so I'll see you all on a trail soon.big props to all that put this on. Chad thumb.gif

BuggyFest by SRRS was held at Hawk Pride OffRoad Park. The day was started by running a new hill that was cut in a new area of the park. The new hill was designed for high speed runs by the rock bouncers and rail buggies with a pretty steep climb for the finish line. The steep climb at the end also included some steps with one last step at the top to keep the drivers on their toes. JoJo Tanner was the first in line to run the hill and set the bar pretty high at 17.546 seconds. Bobby Tanner came up the hill in a blue blur and had a great run going until his rear yoke broke bringing him to a halt. JoJo's time was good enough to hold first until Lawrence "LC" Collins laid down a time of 16.439 seconds with a steady paced run. LC's victory was cut short when Mike Hyde stepped up to the line in his VW powered rail buggy and blistered the hill with a time of 11.741 seconds. After the timed runs were complete a few drivers stepped up to put on a show for the spectators. Wormy put a show in his VW rail buggy and broke the r&p at the top of the hill. Randall Key put on a great show getting some air and slinging some dirt for everyone. Ritchie and Bobby decided to also put on a show in the PlowBoy buggy that ended up being bigger than they expected. Ritchie hit the hill with full dedication jumping the first ledge and landing the front tires at the second ledge. The big sexy tractor then went vertical and began going over in a backflip. The ride wasn't over until it barrel rolled 4 times to the bottom of the hill and landed belly up. JoJo also put on a show by hitting a big ledge at the top left of the new hill and making it look easy. After all the excitement at the new hill was over everyone grabbed lunch and spent the afternoon on the trails. Most of the afternoon was spent going from one hill to the next and everyone putting on a show along the way. Busted Knuckle Films was there to catch all the action so keep your eyes open for his videos soon. Big thanks to all the drivers and spectators for coming out to support SRRS BuggyFest.

Thanks
SRRS Crew

Here's the times from this event.
Brent Mewbourn 18.824
Bobby Tanner DNF
Jordan Tanner 17.546
Shelby Tanner 21.797
Ritchie Keith 30.846
Randall Key 28.446
Lawrence Collins 16.439
Adam Adair DNF
Mike Hyde 11.741
Chris Brannon 1.02.108
Donald DNF

good hill!!! well for the few secs i was on it :****: getting ready for ECORS see yal back at hawk pride in june!!

I wanna take a minute and say this, I have had the opportunity to meet some outstanding folks and make what are going to be life long friends in the short time HPO has been open. I can always count on anybody I approach in the park if I need something, and I have had to ask some of you for help with this or that from time to time. It's just a testament to the kind of folks you are. Thanks to everyone who supports HPO because its not going unnoticed. Hope to see y'all again this weekend for RZR FEST! Thanks again from the Check In Station.

Had a great time as always. The srrs is going to be big if yall keep doin this good of a job! :****: Matt should have some videos up by tom sometime. I wanna see the video you took of the "surprise" your son had for us in the cup sunday! Did yall ever find that thing in the truck or is it still roamin around in there somewhere! molaugh

BUG-E J said:
Had a great time as always. The srrs is going to be big if yall keep doin this good of a job! :****: Matt should have some videos up by tom sometime. I wanna see the video you took of the "surprise" your son had for us in the cup sunday! Did yall ever find that thing in the truck or is it still roamin around in there somewhere! molaugh

It's still roaming in the truck. :dunno: