• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HS-645mg

chickenwing

Would the HiTec HS-645MG be much better the the stock servo that comes in the ax10 rtc? I see that there is people outh there that run them and there really inexpensive. It only has 133oz of torque but im not competing and my ax10 is almost completely stock. It has the aluminum links and steering links , rovers, and weight in the wheels. Or is it worth it to just save the 35 and buy a higher torque one?

Would the HiTec HS-645MG be much better the the stock servo that comes in the ax10 rtc? I see that there is people outh there that run them and there really inexpensive. It only has 133oz of torque but im not competing and my ax10 is almost completely stock. It has the aluminum links and steering links , rovers, and weight in the wheels. Or is it worth it to just save the 35 and buy a higher torque one?

I am kinda loosing faith in the Hitech645 servo. I have two of them that really just don't have the power I need. Then again, I don't know the lifespan of one either, so maybe it is normal for them to wear out in a a matter of months. I have had them on both my Losi MRC and now my AX-10.

For the money, they are good deal.:awesomework:

your wasting your money on a servo that only gives you 133 oz of torque, that will still not have enough power to turn the tires in a bind.

You would be better off to spend 29.99 at RC4WD and get their mayhem servo (220 oz @ 6V) and buy a $22 castle creations 10 amp bec and set it to a higher voltage via castle link to get some more power if your really on a tight budget.

If you can afford it go with the hi tec 7950 servo, since ive got mine I have not looked back:awesomework:

your wasting your money on a servo that only gives you 133 oz of torque, that will still not have enough power to turn the tires in a bind.

You would be better off to spend 29.99 at RC4WD and get their mayhem servo (220 oz @ 6V) and buy a $22 castle creations 10 amp bec and set it to a higher voltage via castle link to get some more power if your really on a tight budget.

If you can afford it go with the hi tec 7950 servo, since ive got mine I have not looked back:awesomework:

I just got the mayhem servo it runs really well. make sure you order an aluminum arm to go with it. my plastic one broke within 10min from me bumping it.

I'm running it on the stock ESC which sucks but I dont want to purchase an aftermarket BEC since I plan on going to a Rooster or TorqueMaster BR-XL both of which have stronger internal BECs.

I just got the mayhem servo it runs really well. make sure you order an aluminum arm to go with it. my plastic one broke within 10min from me bumping it.

I'm running it on the stock ESC which sucks but I dont want to purchase an aftermarket BEC since I plan on going to a Rooster or TorqueMaster BR-XL both of which have stronger internal BECs.

dont get the rooster, wait for the updated holmes torquemaster br-xl, He is trying to get the cases either made with aluminum or some other material for better waterproofing

Thoughts on running the BR-XL on a stock Axial 55T?

Well you will not get the full potential but should work well since the stock axial esc does not have drag brake settings & with the BR-XL you will be able to tune that to your liking. I have never personally ran that ESC but have read many great things about it on rccrawler.com

If you want to add some wheel speed get a new motor, team brood or holmes hobby torquemasters are great motors:awesomework:

I run the mamba max pro and its awesome to be able to adjust throttle curves, drag brake, reverse settings and much more

Well you will not get the full potential but should work well since the stock axial esc does not have drag brake settings & with the BR-XL you will be able to tune that to your liking. I have never personally ran that ESC but have read many great things about it on rccrawler.com

If you want to add some wheel speed get a new motor, team brood or holmes hobby torquemasters are great motors:awesomework:

I run the mamba max pro and its awesome to be able to adjust throttle curves, drag brake, reverse settings and much more

Yeah I read a ton on the BR-XL on rccrawler, Holmes says his ESC is able to link via CL... But then your looking at a 130$ ESC minus a motor when u can get the rooster & 55T for 109$ plus shipping. I like the tuning ability though so that with the smooth response comments makes me want to try it out.

I also am in desperate need of a drag brake and higher power for my servo.

Yeah I read a ton on the BR-XL on rccrawler, Holmes says his ESC is able to link via CL... But then your looking at a 130$ ESC minus a motor when u can get the rooster & 55T for 109$ plus shipping. I like the tuning ability though so that with the smooth response comments makes me want to try it out.

I also am in desperate need of a drag brake and higher power for my servo.

www.brianshobbyland.net is doing a haloween sale and has the TekinFXR on sale for 80 bucks, no castle link needed....This is a great ESC my buddy has one and its size is unbeatable:awesomework:

Coupon code for 20% off list price is = AX10

Last edited: