• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

hts-2000 aluminum brazing rods super strong>?

I have never tried it but I would be very surprised if it was actually stronger than a weld on aluminum like they claim. There video does make it look very impressive though.

If billy mayes was alive he would definetly be selling this stuff:haha: It definetly peaks my interest but I think I definetly would trust a weld first:corn:

You guys have never seen the guys at the swapmeets selling and demonstrating this stuff? I used to watch the guy all the time when I was a kid stuck at the swapmeet while my pops sold parts all day. The sales guy would be brazing up stuff with folks looking and buying in amazement

The guy would braze on lawn chairs, cans, flat and angle, etc. He made it look easy. The stuff was expensive then too.

I bet it takes while and alot of filler to get good like the guy in the vid. :beer:

Using a gas torch on aluminum is much harder than tig welding. When you tig the heat is very localized but with a gas torch it heats up a larger area slower. It's very easy to get it too hot and the aluminum just drops away like solder. No substitute for a good tig welder but a spool gun will do in a pinch.

Using a gas torch on aluminum is much harder than tig welding. When you tig the heat is very localized but with a gas torch it heats up a larger area slower. It's very easy to get it too hot and the aluminum just drops away like solder. No substitute for a good tig welder but a spool gun will do in a pinch.

you work this stuff at a way lower temp than aluminum. More like brazing steel. Your not welding, just brazing.

Latest posts