• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hydro help

joe,
pos says: There is no such thing as air in my lines since the flow of fluid and it being a closed loop system the only place the air can go is out the res even if the res is mounted 2' below the system. He said that the cooler that i have is not the best but a heat sink cooler is the worst, almost zero heat disapation cause all it is is just a tube. He told me to get a stacked core cooler. he also said my ram is on the small side for a double ended ram only being a 2" bore with a 1.25" rod and 8" stoke it is causing the bump to go into bypass mode. he also said the mods to the last pump where what killed it so quick but not the only thing that killed it. He said i could get away with my res and napa pump if i had a 2.5" ram. Being that my orbital is 2.9 revs lock to lock that increases that by 60% making it slow. So if i want faster steering i will need a bigger orbital.

I dont really know who to trust. I see people running all these brands of parts and systems but why is it that they dont agree?

:fu1:

Im sorry trash... I do have a double ended ram. My bad. In the beginning I was so hydro dumb that I didnt even thing there was a difference between double and single ended rams besides the obvious.

Well I'll be dipped I missed it not once, twice but three fawking times minimum. :haha:

Nothing to be sorry for, all cylinders react the same so it really doesn't matter if it's double or single ended in the big picture.

It is a huge deal to only have 3/4" of bore available for steering, that's the whole issue right there. You can mod the balls out of the pump and make it work but that's the bandaid I was talking about. A properly sized ram to steering valve ratio will work great with a stock pump. You have to up the pressure when you want to use a larger volume valve or smaller ram to get the speed of the steering up.

Earlier on in the thread Boxboy pointed out that it was a double ended ram. At that point it should have sent an alarm off and I should have asked about the rod size. Hell even a single ended with a rod that big would be an issue......Oh well. Maverick I do think you're on the right track now.:awesomework:

Ok so I got it all taken apart yesterday and when I got the pump out of the res the magnet was COVERED in metal and the fluid was steel grey. WTF? Is this from my pump getting destroyed or could there be other problems? I am gonna pull the ram off today and all my lines. Clean out all the lines and then wait for all my new parts.

As for getting a new pump, I am gonna start with a napa stock pump. No mods. Is this good or should I bore it out a little for flow and take some shims out for pressure? Any one have ideas about this?

i bought a pump, pully, ram, and matching valve from S&N i sure hope i dont have all the issues you are? watching and learning from your problems though.

Hip you'll e fine, they put together nice systems. When you piece stuff together you really have to pay attention or just get lucky like I did. :redneck:

Ok so I got it all taken apart yesterday and when I got the pump out of the res the magnet was COVERED in metal and the fluid was steel grey. WTF? Is this from my pump getting destroyed or could there be other problems? I am gonna pull the ram off today and all my lines. Clean out all the lines and then wait for all my new parts.

As for getting a new pump, I am gonna start with a napa stock pump. No mods. Is this good or should I bore it out a little for flow and take some shims out for pressure? Any one have ideas about this?

Clean everything well enough to eat off. Like massive flushing, If you dont your next 'set-up' is doomed.

well wish me luck, today i put fluid in it for the first time..... going with royal purple fluid for now.:D

well at least on jackstands i have steering....:cheer:

had the right and left switched but that didnt take long to figure out:haha: