• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

hydro pump

So far the hydroboost on my buggy is tits but there is a restriction under heavy braking that you can tell pulls down the motor at idle. I can only assume this is going to build heat over time. We shall see how well this Vanco work did. Gotta get around to putting it on after my asshole heals up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneckengineered said:
I won't argue that some people love it and get it to work for them. I don't get in these to try and change anyone's opinion just to share my own.
Mope mot trying to change anyone's opinion. Just stating what works for us.

Bringing this back up because I pulled mine apart after it started leaking after less than a year and around 40 miles. VANCO tried to bullshit me and say it was because it sat too long and the fluid ate through the seals. Anyways my spool valve looks like Fido's ass. What part was supposed to be machined because it looks like hellen Keller machined mine (VANCO).
B261D5EB-7733-400C-87FD-13AFDF440639.jpeg

Bringing this back up because I pulled mine apart after it started leaking after less than a year and around 40 miles. VANCO tried to bullshit me and say it was because it sat too long and the fluid ate through the seals. Anyways my spool valve looks like Fido's ass. What part was supposed to be machined because it looks like hellen Keller machined mine (VANCO).
View attachment 118587
That center, smallest dia area, was about .585" when stock, I turned mine down to .485" and installed the PSC high flow fittings. #8 hose from pump to HB then #8 hose to orbital. I don't know if there is any more magic that Vanco does. And my machine work spinning it in a drill and using various files and emory cloth does look better than that. All my other surfaces were unmodified but were way smoother than that.

View attachment 118587
Looks like you need to get a stock one and have jeremy turn you a high flow one.

Hey guys, joined on here to follow this thread. I've been trying to figure out what makes a hydroboost high flow for a while and this is the most tech I've found on it yet.

87tpiyj : can you see any machining done in the bore of the housing?

I don't know the exact fittings or sizes, but pretty much open up any fittings that you can or purchase higher flow fittings. I don't think anyone does any major work other than the spool valve and perhaps using a drill bit here and there. There is definitely math involved that could optimize the process a bit, but in short make any restrictions less of a restriction. I would also add that going to higher pressure pumps will probably just make the heat show up faster.

On the machining, the spool valve is likely some fancy material that is hard to machine well on a lathe without the correct tooling and experience. I don't think that it is the case here, but high pressure fluids and leaking seals will cause some crazy wear that you wouldn't believe. Typically it will be in the direction of the leaks, though, so if that was the case I would expect the damage to be oriented in the direction 90* from what is shown above. Again, though, I'm not an expert on this specific system.

View attachment 118587
Didint happen to get the diamiter and length of the spool valve where it has been machined down (skinny bit), could help a few people wanting to give this a crack themselvs, i think the process is understood just not the actual dimentions.