• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

hydro pump

redneckengineered said:
If you knew what they did to "high flow" the unit you would be pissed you paid that much for it.

I'm sure I would. I scoured the internet to try to find what needed to be done and came up with no luck. I found it really hard to believe they were the only place that knew what to do. If you know I would love to hear what was done.

87TPIYJ said:
I'm sure I would. I scoured the internet to try to find what needed to be done and came up with no luck. I found it really hard to believe they were the only place that knew what to do. If you know I would love to hear what was done.

You can do most of the work yourself in about 10 minutes assuming the unit is out and on your bench. I'm going from memory here but basically start by disassembling your unit. They are really simple inside. Pull all the restricted **** boy fittings that came with the unit and swap them out for big dog high flow AN fittings. You'll also see one port that has a brass seat in it for some reason. Jam a flat head in it and pull that sucker out. The last thing you need to do is take the valve and have it machined. You want to turn down the narrow middle portion just a tad bit. I wish I remembered the spec, I threw out my notes when I sold the unit and got rid of HB for good. But I did save pictures.

70wb1qX.jpg

qoLwk6i.jpg

pOaA5X8.jpg

cSghTIP,jpg

xRKdfRk.jpg

XcI8eyy.jpg

a57ECsy.jpg

wUYFTEt.jpg

OGT6jxs.jpg

PNZkcOj.jpg

aGvzLIa.jpg

4RiGUhG.jpg

Yo1gxoP.jpg

JT8NFJG.jpg

Ok so you removed the brass seat for for o ring fitting and machined down what I believe is the spool valve? How did you seal the AN fitting? I currently have -6AN fittings on mine.

d8d6919c35fb5135c60bfc1f77540b32.jpg

I must say, Andrew, you did a great job on that unit, the guy that has it now is very happy with it :dblthumb:

87TPIYJ said:
Just curious, what did you not like about the hydroboost that made you get rid of it?

Shitty steering, boiling fluid, multiple killed pumps, dragging brakes because the pedal would not return, huge and looks stupid. Take your pick.

I know there's a handful on guys on this forum that think hydroboost is the greatest thing ever and claim it works flawlessly. That's fine. For me all it caused was problems. Furthermore, even if it works great my position is that you are essentially adding additional complication/additional load to one of the more critical systems in a buggy. Manual brakes are just fine for the riding we do and can be made to work quite well. Also if you like to use your brakes with the engine off forget about it with HB. Screw that. Not worth the hassle.

Finely got to take it out with the new psc pump. It was a big improvement. not as good as before the hydro boost. but the only way I see getting back to that is eight getting the hydro boost unit bored out or putting a separator hydro unit on it. And that is not an option since we barely have enough room for what we are running now.
So we will wheel it this year and see about maybe getting it bored out this winter.

FYI I just send one to Vanco to port and it was back within a week. Just got it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrdrinksalil said:
FYI I just send one to Vanco to port and it was back within a week. Just got it today.

They quoted me $450 and about week.
Waiting on doing it for now.

I guess I need to ask what things costs before I sent mine. I had no idea they'd charge that much.

You guys are making me want to remove the hydroboost on my chassis now. It came with it. I'll take pics of the setup so you guys can tell me what I need to get rid of it. I know its wildwood pedal.

87_bigbadzuk said:
You guys are making me want to remove the hydroboost on my chassis now. It came with it. I'll take pics of the setup so you guys can tell me what I need to get rid of it. I know its wildwood pedal.
Our juggy has never had this good of brakes.
I can honestly say we will never go back to what we had. Vacuum access brakes.