• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hydro steering fluids

whiskeymakin

Psc recommends the swepco 715. They mentioned an alternative gm version but I cant remember which one it is. Anybody have a clue which one it is? I'd like to use something that's a little more available than the swepco stuff

Re: Re: Hydro steering fluids

Ricky 79cj-7 said:
I use Amsoil synthetic tractor hydraulic/transmission oil
I use the same, I have been happy with it so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

From what I've just read on autozone store brand fluid, it's mineral oil based. Dude at psc basically said that would be fine as long as it's mineral based. He only ruled out using royal purole, any atf, and hydraulic fluid.

He did verify that delco part number 10-5073 was good to go with them.

whiskeymakin said:
From what I've just read on autozone store brand fluid, it's mineral oil based. Dude at psc basically said that would be fine as long as it's mineral based. He only ruled out using royal purole, any atf, and hydraulic fluid.

He did verify that delco part number 10-5073 was good to go with them.

I was prepping for a race a while back and needed fluid ASAP. I had a very expensive steering system so I called PSC and ask for recommendations. He sent me to NAPA to buy their house brand regular PS Fluid.

I also had good luck running Redline before. But, now that I have had good luck with regular fluid in extreme conditions I only run that. Thanks to James at BTF I know understand how important proper plumbing is.

I'm running Kubota UDT hydraulic oil in my trail gear full hydro. The previous owner of my rig ran it for 6-7 years so I have just continued using it. Ive never had an issue with it boiling even on hot long trail days, I just have a small fin style cooler

I run royal purple ,, keeps air and cavitation down. I would like to know what issues have been had with it. Seems to work well in my application.
I ran lucas, It foamed on me and carried air thru my systam.. Yes on extreme climb angles mine does starve/ pull air some. Royal purple purges the air faster,for a faster recovery.
" In my aplication "

Who knows man. He didn't give an explanation as to why NO on royal purple. Probably some bad blood or who knows with all the marketing crap that goes on. I honestly think it's luck of the draw. I've ran all kinds of different fluids in steering setups with decent luck. Im just being extra careful on this one because I paid so much for the kit.
It sounds like regular ol power steering fluid will be fine as long as it's mineral oil based. As long as it's clear or amber colored haha. Thats what the man said so I'll go with it.

Trail gear recommends royal purple full synthetic.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk