• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I got 63's, now I don't think I want them

1Bad67

I'm working on a '77 Chevy 3/4 ton long bed.
After reading about how great a setup it is to put the rear 52's in the front, and put a set of 63's in the rear, I got the parts to do it.... Now I'm questining the whole thing. I have to tow with this truck too. I have a 24' enclosed trailer that we tow up and down I-5 from Medford to Portland. Off roading will be secondary to that.

Right now the truck appears to have 6" lift springs on the front, and 6" lift blocks on the rear. Should I maybe just do a shackle flip on the rear, and call it good? or maybe do that, and put a second set of 52's up front?

Eric

I'd imagine you could tow with the chevy truck just fine, and that running those 3/4 ton springs would be much mo bettah than running the 6" lift blocks.

... this is coming from a guy with a stock 84 that only tugs stuck cars in the snow.

63's

You dont say how many are in the pack, but from what i a have seen is that the 63" chevs can be soft, you could add some kind of support IE air bags or such of nature. It also depends if you got the springs out of a 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton on how they will tow must likly too soft. My two cents:redneck: