• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I have a couple of questions, temp sender, fuelcell vent

nealcj8

I am running a manuel temp guage in my buggy, I had this same setup in my jeep but I had the sender in my heater hose, this time I have done away with my heater and I tapped my waterpump where the heater hose nipples were and installed the sending unit there but my temp guage is acting funny so I am afraid my sending unit is hitting my thermostat. Has anybody else done this and which hole did you use the one tward the front of the engine or the one tward the rear?

What is the best way to run my fuel cell vent? It kinda looks like **** run up over the top and back down but if thats the only way to run it I will.

nealcj8 said:
I am running a manuel temp guage in my buggy, I had this same setup in my jeep but I had the sender in my heater hose, this time I have done away with my heater and I tapped my waterpump where the heater hose nipples were and installed the sending unit there but my temp guage is acting funny so I am afraid my sending unit is hitting my thermostat. Has anybody else done this and which hole did you use the one tward the front of the engine or the one tward the rear?

What is the best way to run my fuel cell vent? It kinda looks like **** run up over the top and back down but if thats the only way to run it I will.

LS motor?

as for fuel cell, just do 3 sides and down....you can hide it a bit on the corners of the cell/cell bracket...but that's about the only way to properly do it. I guess you could run a catch can type setup; but I wouldn't feel too good about that. In my opinion, a well routed and cleanly attached hose looks pretty clean!

Put gauge in passenger head. Never had any issues with one there. Autometer makes adapters to go from the metric pattern in the head to the std thread on the sending unit

This is the way it is now

Attachments

• IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 173
I just tapped my passenger side head to match my sending unit adaptor it was quick an easy.. I believe it was a 3/8 npt tap I'd have to go check to be 100%
I'm using a manual guage also..