• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I heard a loud POW .. then ratta tat tat tat tat ...

Casey

Was riding this weekend and heard a loud snap... then all hell breaking loose in my rear diff.. I broke the short side shaft of my 14 bolt and my dam locker. (Detroit) .. so hears where I get confused... I have 456's in the axle with the broken Detroit, thin ring gear.. well I also have my old 14 bolt in my gagrage with 456's but it has a thick gear and a spool ... I get so Fukin confused still with the carrier deal .. can someone tell me if I can pull the spool off the one gear set and use it on the other? I may just weld the Detroit like Jonny was telling me to do , and that's fine ... but if the spool will work I may swap it over ...
Also, wtf broke in the Detroit??? That bitch was shooting sparks when i took cover off and put it in gear to check that god awful noise out ... thanks for any advice. I've searched and read all I'm gonna read about thick vs thin 456 gears in a 14 bolt. Still confused as hell about the carrier bs

muddinmetal said:
That spool shouldn't work with a thin gear... maybe with a bunch of shims, but they are not made to be used together
Dammit. Aight, thanks brother.

Re: I heard a loud POW .. then ratta tat tat tat tat ...

Just swap the gears and spool over, assuming they are in good shape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:

I was assuming there was some reason he wasn't doing this :dunno:

TBItoy said:

Actually I guess I'm gonna do that ...

Casey said:
I dunno know him.. he traded me this phone for crack and a hand job.
I hope the handy was good cause you probably just got some popcorn off the ceiling knowing that guy

zukimaster said:
I use to hear that noise all the time when I was wheeling Toyota axles....
Man this is bullshit. I just took it apart. Horseshit

Casey said:
You miss understood me. I had to give the hand job...
Hahahaha. I freaking love you. Ban yourself from face page and hang out with us in the Kool Kids Klub

Wait what happened to the ultimate dana 30 you were building for timmywho? Queer steer fo tha muda fugin win

BUG-E J said:
Hahahaha. I freaking love you. Ban yourself from face page and hang out with us in the Kool Kids Klub
Man this **** is so much harder to work ... make this bitch easy to use and I will! Haha. Hold for pic of axle we are doing now hahaha. José done upgraded the dana 30 and rear 44. This **** is nuts man.... these folks drop as much money or MORE than we do on our ****. Ha. Had a dude spend 7500 on a set of dana 44's last week .. booyang

2pac-all-eyez-on-me.jpg