• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I kind of need a welder, which one?

:awesomework:agreed

But, with a novice welder more heat is not always a bad thing. I would rather see a novice burn too deep and warp than just lay a bead on the surface with no penetration.

Most of us dont "need" these big welders, they just make life easier:D
:awesomework: Agreed again.

A pretty bead is nothing if penetration isnt achieved.
The way I suggest learning on thicker materials is to weld it then cut it cross ways and examine what you have accomplished and do this thru different materials and heat ranges.
Just my .02:awesomework:

Yes a bigger machine is easier to achieve penetration....Just ask the wife. lol
(Couldnt resist)

Just stay away from the 110v go with a 220v and get gas don't fawk with fluxcore.

I have the MM175 and it has a low duty cycle 30% and I over heat the machine all the time but the machine does weld good but I would like a welder with like a 60% duty cycle.

Yes a bigger machine is easier to achieve penetration....Just ask the wife. lol
(Couldnt resist)

If I understand what you are saying, you have let you wife sample different size machines so she is an expert in the field of the depth of penetration each machine can archive?

If anyone thinks they were the only banana in their fruit basket then they are sadly jaded.....lol
:masturbanana[1]: :bananallama: :bananadance: :nana1:

So far I've been looking on craigslist and people want more for a used welder than you can buy one brand new. :eeek:

:masturbanana[1]: :bananallama: :bananadance: :nana1:

So far I've been looking on craigslist and people want more for a used welder than you can buy one brand new. :eeek:

You can find deals, you just have to stay on top of it... Also, you can save a lot of money if you buy one with a bottle, stand and other ****... That stuff adds up real fast...

Go to Redi arc welder rentals, they make pretty good deals on there older rental welders, if you go 110 get either lincoln or miller, either of those would suite you just fine, it's not how good the machine is it's how good the person welding is :D