• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired I need my next SM465 to NP205 adapter. It won't be my last.........

godevil

Must have cracked this one when I broke a center pin at the MM race.
Anyone got one lying around?
Thanks
Donnie

What steel units do you speak of and how much is a little more?
AA had some cast aluminum ones but I didn't think that would help slow down my buggy's appitite for these things.

Pm woodlee or traveler.. they make these units. My jeep use to spit the stock adapters every other ride. I bought one 3 years ago and had 0 problems.

brace that 205 and you wont break the adapter thumb.gif

only way you can break an adapter is if your inducing torque or bending , both can be solved with torque plates and bracing...

onetoncrawler said:
brace that 205 and you wont break the adapter thumb.gif

only way you can break an adapter is if your inducing torque or bending , both can be solved with torque plates and bracing...

This is true but then there comes a point where it is too rigid to your chassis and cracks when the chassis flexes. Ask draggbody about his. He took out like 3 in one weekend in Harlan one day. I helped him change them out. :) He ended up having someone make hima s teel one for a good price and he hasn't had a problem since.

J. J.

patooyee said:
This is true but then there comes a point where it is too rigid to your chassis and cracks when the chassis flexes. Ask draggbody about his. He took out like 3 in one weekend in Harlan one day. I helped him change them out. :) He ended up having someone make hima s teel one for a good price and he hasn't had a problem since.

J. J.

This. I didn't brace **** with mine... in fact just let the 205 hang off the back of the adapter.. I cracked a bellhousing once in 3 years.

JJ,
I asked Dragbody. he said if I ain't 32 spline I ain't ****!
I have never had any problems with my 10 spline coupler like he was having.
The transfer case is completely unsupported other than the adapter. The adapter sits on poly bushings on a Chevy truck crossmember.
We stripped the bolts out of the bellhousing in the race also. The buggy now has a steel scattersheild.
D

Yeah, he started out breaking 10-spline couplers. Went 32-spline and almost immediately started breaking adapters. Went fabbed steel adapter and then started breaking bellhousings. He finally bought a steel Lakewood bellhousing and now he seems to have stopped breaking. The progression is funny to think about now though. (Although it wasn't so funny out ont he trails.)

I guess the point that I forgot to mention was that his 205 was pretty rigid to the chassis yet he still had problems.

J. J.