• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I think they did it wrong.

They could just be for mockup while building links and he later planned to put the suspension through it's paces and measure for the correct shock length...

Then again, the guy could have planned to re-use them as is, who knows. The fact is, it's not "done" and we don't know what the finished product was going to look like. Maybe those are mockup link mounts, maybe not. Maybe he was going to add more link bracing, maybe not.

In my opinion, unless the thing had wheels, tires, and was sitting on the side of the road and they were saying "it's done go wheel it", it's hard for me to judge what's going on with it.

~T.J.

This was sold as a complete truck. The current owner bought it and cut the front sheet metal off with plans to get rid of the front set up. Then realised he didn't have the time or patients to build it.

With the way it is set up now there probably isn't more than 3 inches of up travel before the tie rod hits the oil pan and maybe 2 inches of droop before the lower links hit the crossmember... so it's probably a good thing the stock struts are on it.

Oh. My mistake. I assumed you meant the "guy opens his shop for us" was the guy doing the suspension work/front axle and you were supposed to take it from him to fix it.

If it was left like that, that's a whole other story.

~T.J.

He was referred to me by a buddy. My buddy told me he just wanted the front end doved. When I started talking to him I found it was a lot more than a dove job.
He decided on leafs in the front. If he runs the 60's then it will get back halved and inked in the rear. He has a blue torch Fab link kit with rear truss and some sway away's.

I think it looked a lot more scetchy in person than in the pics. This was the only one I had ever seen in person with flipped toy housing. It may have worked for the putting around town it did but it isn't something I would take out and beat on.

The guy is real up in the air on what he wants. He has a set of 60's, he wouldn't mind running all Toyota stuff . The only thing he for sure wants in the front end doved and the truck on the trail.

Sounds like a serious customer.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3883815063.html

I have 97 Tacoma Extended Cab with a 2.7 3rz motor that I was going to build into a truggy but have since decided to sell or trade. This truck is in good shape and is not all beat up. the interior is in good shape as well. It has power windows and locks. This is a list of parts that I was going to put on the truck that I have and would come with the truck for the right deal.
Dana 60 front axle with ARB-2700
Dana 60 rear with ARB-1500

New in the box Blue Torch Fab 4link suspension kit for Dana 60-900
New in the box Blue Torch Fab Dana 60 front axle truss with PSC ram mount-325

I would be willing to trade the truck and all the parts together or sell everything together or just the parts listed. I am not looking to part out the truck...it will go as a complete truck. The truck currently has a SAS 4link set up in the front with a stock toyota axle and the rear is the stock tacoma axle. I was going to turn it into a truggy and dove the fron so it has currently been started to go in that direction. Call or Text only 509-930---- can send pics if needed or look on the BTF web site for that info on the 4link and truss system. Trades I would be interested in would be a boat, jetski, 4x4 quad, 450 motocross bike, comuter car (jetta golf audi mini cooper) stock tacoma, camper, turn key wheeler, hotrod, diesel truck, flat bed, snowmobile, or whatever might spark my interest...I have over 7000 just in parts not counting the truck it self. I know I am not going to get what I have into it but will consider all offers. Thanks

Have fun with him! :beer:

Good to know he's not looking for anything specific.....

only thing missing from that list is an airplane and things that go boom (which from my craigslist searching, has not become a form of currency).

I think it looked a lot more scetchy in person than in the pics. This was the only one I had ever seen in person with flipped toy housing. It may have worked for the putting around town it did but it isn't something I would take out and beat on.
What made the housing look sketchy to you?

I was referring to the rig in general how it was out together. You just look at things and ask yourself what the hell they were thinking when they built it.

Unless the welds are terrible and the balls aren't lined up properly the only bad thing I can see on that front end is the upper link mounts need to be reinforced. Just because it isn't the norm don't mean it's bad.

Everything they did on the truck was pretty sketchy. I should've taken some more pictures.

The welds were nothing I would trust and I didn't look real close at the knuckles. The guy said he only drove it a few miles to the shop where it sits.

Last edited:
I'm a semi noobert when it comes to links but...isn't this a typical issue of a fully triangulated front 4 link? You generally have uptravel clearance issues unless you are lifted pretty high. You can remount the upper links outward and throw in a track bar to keep the axle in place and gain a ton of clearance.....my $0.02