• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ID small chevy

MODS please combine these two worthless threads and lock them. http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50924&highlight=cummins+powerstroke

Its like josh and lamar are the binder and jeffy of the gasser world. :rolleyes:
Dear CHOP SHOP;
Coincidentally, I want to build a gasser for my next street ride. My first car was a gasser and thus far it's been my ONLY gasser rod. It was a '55 Chevy with a Chevy truck front axle w/4" drop. It had lifted front Superlift springs and a 409 BB. Even though it's steering geometry was horrid it was still a very cool rod.

As I recall it raced at the local strips for about 10 years prior to having been parked for about 6 years. I paid 500.00$ for that beast and spent close to a year getting it back on the road. All in all it was a very fun rod to play around with.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Dear CHOP SHOP;
Coincidentally, I want to build a gasser for my next street ride. My first car was a gasser and thus far it's been my ONLY gasser rod. It was a '55 Chevy with a Chevy truck front axle w/4" drop. It had lifted front Superlift springs and a 409 BB. Even though it's steering geometry was horrid it was still a very cool rod.

As I recall it raced at the local strips for about 10 years prior to having been parked for about 6 years. I paid 500.00$ for that beast and spent close to a year getting it back on the road. All in all it was a very fun rod to play around with.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Don't you wish you could of turbo'd it and pushed some serious HP? Too bad it isn't possible to push over 6 psi or the whole engine will explode and kill a bus load of orphans. :haha:

Don't you wish you could of turbo'd it and pushed some serious HP? Too bad it isn't possible to push over 6 psi or the whole engine will explode and kill a bus load of orphans. :haha:
Dear WHITE TRASH;
No, of course not. I am not a homo-ghey *****, therefore I don't wish to turbocharge an engine. I believe in Roots type blowers for forced induction applications. This is what real men use and we leave the turbos and nos for the girly-men and other limp wristed types.
Your macho friend;
LAMAR

Dear WHITE TRASH;
No, of course not. I am not a homo-ghey *****, therefore I don't wish to turbocharge an engine. I believe in Roots type blowers for forced induction applications. This is what real men use and we leave the turbos and nos for the girly-men and other limp wristed types.
Your macho friend;
LAMAR

You keep telling yourself that. :haha: A roots type blower can be overdriven to push higher psi too at the expense of efficiency. Hence ricers running turbo's instead of direct driven blowers.

You keep telling yourself that. :haha: A roots type blower can be overdriven to push higher psi too at the expense of efficiency. Hence ricers running turbo's instead of direct driven blowers.
Dear WHITE TRASH;
Yes, this is quite true. A 5-10% power loss due to parasitic drag just from turning the blower is to be expected with even higher losses in power at higher ratios.
On the up side, a large displacement engine can typically produce more HP than what is viably usable on a typical street car, therefore the HP loss induced by a blower becomes very manageable and thus easily accepted.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Dear WHITE TRASH;
Your macho friend;
LAMAR

http://www.carcraft.com/featuredvehicles/ccrp_1101_2000hp_441ci_ls2_engine/index.html

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha::haha::haha:

Sooo a 2000hp smallblock isn't cool? It even has what you would probably call a street cam with a tight LSA and 254/248 at 0.050

Dear WHITE TRASH;
Your macho friend;
LAMAR

In the "Horsepower!" section of this month's (feb, 2011) Car Craft Mag Jimmy Shaver has a STOCK LONG BLOCK 350ci LS1 that's turbo'd and running pump gas to make 504hp at the wheels with a build TOTAL (including the 4th gen Camaro that it's in, gauges, hardware, header wrap even fluids) of $9,600...

Or from the same issue here's a 5.3l (325ci) CAST PISTON semi-stock (cam swap) longblock that made 644hp
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/ccrp_1102_chevrolet_5_3l_ls_budget_engine_build/index.html
This was with a centrifugal supercharger (imagine how much cost would've been dropped and how much power would've been gained with a turbo), water injection to keep inlet temps down (that's what an intercooler's for in the real-world)...

Turbo's kick ass! PERIOD! :flipoff:

Dear group;
For anyone who's interested, Gale Banks Engineering will cheerfully build up a 376 CID SBC that's capable of achieving 1,000 to 1,100 HP at the flywheel. The price? A paltry sum of 40,000$.
http://www.bankspower.com/products/show/267/85

And I thought that a 1,000 HP BBC for 15,000$ was outrageous??? I knew that building an ultra-high output SBC cost some ultra-high bucks, but I didn't imagine that it would be THAT high!
Your friend;
LAMAR

I see you've been busy researching some of the folks I mentioned and thier products! :;:awesomework:

Hellooo? Lamar? Referance post #197 :kissmyass:
Dear joshwho?:
OK, I guess it's time to straighten you out. When I agreed to this relationship, I CLEARLY told you that I would not be available 24/7 and that we could see other people. In short, we are supposed to be in an OPEN relationship!

And yet all I am hearing from you is "You never spend enough time with me any more" and "you are spending more time with your other friends instead of with me!"

And now I am here to tell you that if you do NOT stop with that foolishness right now, it's OVER between you and me! Got it? Good! Now, get in the kitchen and make me breakfast, bitch!
Your telling it like it is friend;
LAMAR

Dear joshwho?:
OK, I guess it's time to straighten you out. When I agreed to this relationship, I CLEARLY told you that I would not be available 24/7 and that we could see other people. In short, we are supposed to be in an OPEN relationship!

And yet all I am hearing from you is "You never spend enough time with me any more" and "you are spending more time with your other friends instead of with me!"

And now I am here to tell you that if you do NOT stop with that foolishness right now, it's OVER between you and me! Got it? Good! Now, get in the kitchen and make me breakfast, bitch!
Your telling it like it is friend;
LAMAR

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE TROLL!

So what your saying is that I have exceeded your automotive knowledge on this subject? Man you are a ****ing clown! :haha: