• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

idel problen 22re HELP!!

yotapower123

So i have a 1985 4runner 22re and it won't idel. After about1500rpms it runs fine but under that it dies. IV tryed timing, the tps, a buddies good computer cleaned the throttle body everything but the o2 sensor. Idk what it could be any ideas would be nice and i also checked the codes and is said the O2 sensor is bad but Idk it that's accurate. I also cleaned the mass air flow sensor.

Well you havent checked/chasnged the O2 sensor and the ECU is telling you its bad,

ya screw that. Maybe check the oil. Change the tranny fluid? or check the pressure in the tires? :scratchhead:

Cleaning these MAF's does almost nothing for improving driveability...I'd be leaning toward an issue with the MAF sensor itelf...Have you checked to be sure the fuel pump circuit is closed when it is running at below 1500rpm? Also, is the TPS adjusted correctly?

I just put a new fuel pump in it and when i push on the maf sensor door I can hear the injectors pumping fuel into the cylinders. The last thing I can do is try the o2 sensor I think its running to rich and the fuel is just fluding the motor causing it to die

Pushing the MAF door slightly turns on the pump, but the injectors better not be pumping fuel into the cylinders-if it is, you got bigger problems...what you're likely hearing is the fuel running thru the fuel rail and past the regulator back to the tank...
Does it blow a lot of black smoke out tailpipe? It should be if it's running rich enough to die/stall...Does the MAF door spring back when you push on it?

yes the door springs back it seams to work just fine. And i would have to look if its blowing smoke. but i took it out wheeling and was hitting this hill climb and it took out the efi fuse. so i roobed another fuse and after that it wouldent idel so idk if it shorted out something els.

Take all the extra fuel from this rich situation and burn the whole damn truck

or buy a Jeep. :fawkdancesmiley:

Latest posts