• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Identify Front Axle , not sure what i got

I bet it's a convertor axle. The best way to know for sure is to search for the Bill of Materials (BOM) number, and look it up on Dana's site: http://www2.dana.com/pdf/X510-7.pdf

That's the Dana Application Guide for 1979-1984. The BOM# will be on the long side tube, a few inches away from the casting. It's stamped into the tube, but it's hard to tell if you can find it with the grime and corrosion. It will be formatted like 610065-2. Dana sold both 30s and 44s to convertors, but it doesn't show the 44 in those years on import trucks. Hard to tell what someone may have done, though.

so maybe a Dana 30? what would that came in early 70s Jeep?

Yes and No.
Yes, the Dana 30 was available in the 70s Jeeps. My 79 CJ5 had one from the factory and it looked remarkably similar to this axle, only with wider spring pads.
No, I don't think this axle was a Jeep axle. Before individual manufacturers produced 4x4 pickups, they were sublet-manufactured. The manufactures had independant distributors. The distributors would import the two wheel drive version of a truck, then send it out to a re-manufacturer to be converted into a 4x4 version, before it was sent off to the dealer for the original owner to purchase. These convertor companies would most likely buy the components directly from a variety of vendors. If I had to guess, I'd guess that this axle was bought direct from Dana/Spicer and installed in the above typed manner and NOT purchased from Jeep.