• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Impact guns

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
So what's your choice of Impact guns.? I finally bought a decent one Ingersall Rand 231c. Seems to work pretty good.

Last edited:
Snap on or mac ive got both and they kick ass a cheap impact gun is almost pointless they just dont have any power. Although harbor freight tools has the earthquake gun its strong as hell.

I bought mine from the matco truck. I don't know what the specs are but this thing doesn't have a problem turning rusted bolts.

i have a blue point gun that game with my apprenciate set, it's an IR not sure what the model number is but it works killer!

I had a SnapOn IM6100 with the rubber grip and adjustable muffler forever.

Then I got a plastic IngRand impact in a trade for next to nothin. The IR will rip that ol snapon a new asshole! I promptly sold the SO soon after for 100

The plastic ones are suppose to be 1000 FtLbs of trq. I think the one i have is only 300

When it comes to impact guns IR rules the game. Second choice would be some of the Mac guns but IIRC they are also made by IR.

Last edited:
I had some POS thing my wife bought me a few years ago. But it lost it balls power. So far I'm very happy with this IR231c. Now I just need to get a big sized compressor.

All of my guns are IR composites (I own (4) 1/2" guns, and (2) 3/8" guns...)
IMHO, I don't care what the claim is on power rating, but any guns that's muffled to make it quiet loses power---I use my IR2135QT and it doesn't get some fasteners loose, break out old faithful (Matco IR2131) and it still rips after over 12 years of abuse!!!
On a side note, Sears sells one their Craftsman lines in composite (which is IR--I know, cuz I have one, and save for the chrome anvil/head, it is IDENTICAL to my 2131....but cheaper!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts