• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

In the face of tragedy

money_pit_yj

In the face of tragedies, we often feel the need to speak out. We want to retell the story, give our opinion, and try to make sense of it, and/or encourage the victims. I think sometimes, it may be best for us to say nothing at all and just be there for the people involved when they need us. In Job 2:12-13 it says "When they saw him from a distance, they could hardly recognize him; they began to weep aloud, and they tore their robes and sprinkled dust on their heads. 13 Then they sat on the ground with him for seven days and seven nights. No one said a word to him, because they saw how great his suffering was." Job was very sick, in pain and had just lost his family, his cattle, and his home, no amount of words were going to lift him up. When tragedy strikes God is really the only source for true comfort and peace. I am probably the guiltiest of all of trying to come up with something to say. I mean well, but often times I think folks just want to know people are there with them and are praying for them and mourning with them. With so many social media outlets for us to voice our opinions, we often times say things and do not realize how far they reach. There are obviously discussions that need to happen when we face tragedies, especially accidents that could be prevented, but nothing we say can make the tragedy unhappen. As we move forward and face more tragedies, I encourage you (and myself) to be still and walk with those who affected in one way or another and pray for and with them. Continue to pray for all those involved at Stoney as well as those we know have faced tragedies in the past.

Very well said. Unfortunately I know what some people are going through to witness this tragedy. Prayers to everyone involved.