• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

in the market for a cold saw, recommendations?

offroadr1

Ideally I would like a decent used one. I dont need the fanciest of the fancy. I would like it to miter to 45* in both directions, be 2 speed and preferably 3 phase, but thats not required. I dont know much about them or what brands give issues etc. What do you guys recommend and where is a good place to look for used machines?

Startrite best money can buy use one everyday unsure of model number but it is a beast make sure to check bed of vise to make sure it hasn't been cut into too many times that's what happened with ours and it had to be replaced because it broke in half

Not a fan of scotchman saws, they dont have a big enough base tocatch all the fluid and alota coolant hits the floor no matter how much the coolant is turned down. I do really like the Baileigh saws tho. That's the only ones I have used.

20130813_065830.jpg

I gotta back 5 bros on this one. If I could find one and be able to afford it, I wouldn't hesitate to get the Brobo. This one was purchased in 1978 and has been in production ever since. It has cut more tube than all the rock bouncers combined :****:

are there any good places to look for used ones? i spent all night long googling used tool sites, but didnt have much luck. the majority of what i find are far too big for what i need.

Don't forget about the govt liquidation website. I didn't see any cold saws on there but they have some other industrial grade tools that you might be interested in.