• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

inchworm "beadlocks"

I used screws for my paddle tires.. work good for sand I dont know about rocks might pull out..

Sand was more for just not spinnin rim in tire at low pressure

I have been running them for almost 2 yrs now. I have not had aproblem with them yet. I am running them on aluminum wheels with 38.5 SX's. I will deffinately be putting them on my next set of wheels. You can't beat the price. A few guys in my club have just started running them in the last few months.

roccrawler said:
I used screws for my paddle tires.. work good for sand I dont know about rocks might pull out..

Sand was more for just not spinnin rim in tire at low pressure

The screws don't actually screw through the tire like on drag slicks. They go on the inside of the bead of tire and pinch the tire between the screw and the the wheel. It explains it better on the website.

bobbed_84_toy said:
The screws don't actually screw through the tire like on drag slicks. They go on the inside of the bead of tire and pinch the tire between the screw and the the wheel. It explains it better on the website.

and no leaks?

My 38's are chunked and pretty worn and my wheels are nothing to write home about either. I think im gonna give it a try. The screws they recomend are only 20 cents a piece. The DIY weld on beadlock kit looks like a pain in the ass...This way I only need to dismount one tire to take some drilling measurements. :;

I've only heard good things about them. But I have never seen them in action.

I even got a set of cheap rims to try it on, just never got around to it. My biggest hesitation, is my rig is my DD and I wouldn't want them to fail on the road.

If the rig were my wheeler only, then I would have done it a long time ago.

KarlVP said:
I've only heard good things about them. But I have never seen them in action.

I even got a set of cheap rims to try it on, just never got around to it. My biggest hesitation, is my rig is my DD and I wouldn't want them to fail on the road.

If the rig were my wheeler only, then I would have done it a long time ago.

If you are that worried Karl, why don't you just use silicone? I know TB-F is having good sucess with it on his wheels. Besides teh screws are there just to help hold the bead in place once you seat the bead. I don't think that the screws alone are the only thing holding the bead on.

No, the screws go just inside or even on the safety bead. They barely engage the tire.

The only problem I could see with that system, is crap could still get in the beads of the tire. It would be harder for it to get in there, but it could still happen.

To me this is just polishing a turd Period. Real beadlocks are not that expensive, plus if the tire spins on the rim I would imagine that the inside of the tire would get fawked up by the screrws. AND those screws have absolutely NO BLING. Gotta have that:flipoff: . I wouldnt trade my Trailreadys for nothing, been a very good investment.:beer:

Latest posts