• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Info from Elbe Focus Group 5/8/14

ain'tstuckjustresting

RIP Mister 12/5/12
Well we got some shitty news last night at the DNR meeting!

It seems all the money Nancy is asking for to build a new camp ground has generated unwanted attention from the higher ups. They walked into the bottom of the Busywild and had a **** fit about the amount of sediment in proximity to Busywild creek. They were not happy about the illegal bypass that starts just after the legal bypass for no apparent reason.

We are not being given the chance to repair the trail or try to mitigate the runoff this time. This summer they are sending crews in to permanently block off the bottom of the Busy. The old legal bypass will now be the only way through. DNR has stated that they will allow us to add 800' of new trail sections somewhere else to replace what we are loosing.

At tomorrow's work party we will have 3 machines and 22T of rock to try and repair other trails/bypasses that are issues before they take those too.

Not a good night, but we will continue to fight to keep what we have if at all possible.

I know the fight is hard to win, especially when you can YT 'busywild' and see stuff like this.

1547974_10202887261892160_494558407_o.jpg

If there wasn't a creek nearby, they wouldn't care as much.. but alas, the delivery amount would probably put even the most pragmatic DOE officers into a shitfit if they knew. Gotta find some nice low spot away from creeks to put a mud bog in, if thats what you guys are going for ;)

Don't get me wrong, there are a few DNR folk who believe, in theory, that having what is pictured above is okay; but only in a designated, properly engineered, and known spot.

Obviously this isn't that. Kudos to ya'll getting work done on it to keep the rest of the busy open. I wish I could come up and help, but I'm dedicated building the Yacolt 4x4 trails for the next few weeks.