• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Injectors?

Maverick26

As iron sharpens iron...
I am looking into replacing my injectors on my Ford F350. I think the O rings are leaking causing it to be really hard to start when cold, then white smoke when she does fire up. Rosewood can clean and retest and do O rings on the ones I have for $500 or I can upgrade to the next step for $1250 that gets me completly new plungers all rebuilt. They also offer the option to upgrade to a 160cc for the same price. If I have plans to get a TS chip would this be a smart choice? What are stock injectors cc? Does anyone have experiance with 160cc injectors? Thoughts?

I am looking into replacing my injectors on my Ford F350. I think the O rings are leaking causing it to be really hard to start when cold, then white smoke when she does fire up. Rosewood can clean and retest and do O rings on the ones I have for $500 or I can upgrade to the next step for $1250 that gets me completly new plungers all rebuilt. They also offer the option to upgrade to a 160cc for the same price. If I have plans to get a TS chip would this be a smart choice? What are stock injectors cc? Does anyone have experiance with 160cc injectors? Thoughts?

You should do the O rings your self..160 cc injectors were stock on some of the early trucks.
Stock varies depending on what year your engine is.

I'm sure Mitch will jump in here in no time. But I'm assuming you checked the glow plugs? They'll have the same symptoms you are describing when dead..

My truck and motor is a 1995. I cant remeber the code on the injectors. Is there an easy way to find out without taking the valve cover off? Doubt it.

I have replace all the glow plugs thinking that was the problem, along with the VC gaskets, relay and all wire plugs. She still starts hard when cold. The truck has 215k on the clock.

Have you verified the relay is working??? Sure sounds like a glow plug issue to me...White smoke will not generally be associated with Inj O-rings....Blue smoke, yeah...but white, not generally...

Oh, and just an FYI, we at work steer clear of rblt PSD injectors...have had more problems than not every time we try and save the consumer a buck...In fact, we had a PSD shop truck for awhile, and installed reman 160's due to two of them being bad, and half of the rblt's were garbage (ran worse than the originals, even after several days running them to purge them)....we had another 'core' set (used from a motor swap); threw those in---ran PERFECT!!!!

Kev it is kind of a mix of blue and white not that I think of it.

Good info on the reman injectors. Thanks. Ill keep looking.

You should do the O rings your self..160 cc injectors were stock on some of the early trucks.
Stock varies depending on what year your engine is.

external orings are easy.... its the internal ones that'll kick your ass.. that and you need the body tool..
ive done so many sets, its second nature....

Is your truck making oil (diesel in the oil) or is it putting Diesel into your coolant? Is your fuel filter black with oil? All signs of bad injector seals and/or a leaking injector tube seal or seals. Dose your truck pass a cylinder contorbution test or even a buzz test? All things I would look at before you spend time and money on resealing injectors. Dose your truck have a miss or a half miss on start up cold along with alot of smoke? Have you Amp-clamped your glow-plug leads off your relay to verify they are all working? It sounds like you have a few week/bad glow plugs or maybe a bad V/C gasket-harnes. As for the reman injectors, we use the Aliaint's (ford remans) at work without any problems...

Funny thing...It was Alliants that we had the problems with, granted that was a few yrs ago---nonetheless, the sour taste for remans being installed in our shop has been imbedded...

Is your truck making oil (diesel in the oil) or is it putting Diesel into your coolant? Is your fuel filter black with oil? All signs of bad injector seals and/or a leaking injector tube seal or seals. Dose your truck pass a cylinder contorbution test or even a buzz test? All things I would look at before you spend time and money on resealing injectors. Dose your truck have a miss or a half miss on start up cold along with alot of smoke? Have you Amp-clamped your glow-plug leads off your relay to verify they are all working? It sounds like you have a few week/bad glow plugs or maybe a bad V/C gasket-harnes. As for the reman injectors, we use the Aliaint's (ford remans) at work without any problems...

My fuel filter is really dark black, I dont know how to do a cylinder contorbution test or a buzz test, when starting up it hops and lopes for a few seconds befor smoothing out even when warm and when cold it smokes, I just replaced all the glow plugs, wires, VC gaskets and relay but that dont mean one or 2 are not bad but I have not amp-clamped them.

If your filter's black, it is very likely o-rings....but I'd still take a few and amp clamp the glow plug circuit just to be sure....speaking of, what brand glow plugs did you install???????

If your filter's black, it is very likely o-rings....but I'd still take a few and amp clamp the glow plug circuit just to be sure....speaking of, what brand glow plugs did you install???????

I went with Bosch GPs from Napa and all the wiring and VC and relay from Napa too.

My buddy may be able to help with the amp clamp to be sure the GPs are working.

Go to Powerstrokenation.com to look for injectors. Rosewoods are good, If parts need replaced he does it, just ends up in the cost. Beans or Swamps stage ones or Baby swamps would be a good choice if you don't have a IC installed. Beans or Swamps will custom burn your TS chip for your injectors. If going with stage ones than an Adreniline HPOP would also be a good upgrade.

Stock flow on 95 powerstroke injectors is 90cc.

Hope this helps.

The Baby Swamps or the Tranny Saver Beans look like something that I want... I am going to do a few more tests and make sure my injectors are bad and go from there. Thanks for the info.

If you want new problem free injectors that are bigger than stock your only real choice is a new set of Alliant AC's. AC's are a stock offering but not offered for the PSD. They are supposed to flow 160cc and are a single shot injector. You will only notice a difference in power by adding a chip. Your stock injectors are either AA's or AO's and flow 90cc's. Also single shot injectors. Super duty's used split shot (2 shots, pilot/main) and will also work. Early 99's had AB's (120cc) and the rest of the 7.3's had AD's (140cc).

I ran some AD's in my 97 for a while and they were ok but I would go a different route if I were doing it again. I had my AA's rebuilt by a guy in Issaquah who used to work for Seattle injector and turned into stage 1 (160cc) injectors. These are the same as AC's only rebuilt and modded instead of new.. I think it ran me a little over $600 to have that done. If you want his info PM me.

all the " A code" injectors use the same size nozel. so the larger the volume the longer it takes to inject it. long duration = egt. a set of larger nozels on a larger displacement bodies dumps fuel in fast, more torque, lower egt's per hp.

Latest posts