• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Inner Bead GLUES...

With the snow on the ground I can sneak the truck out a lot more so I'm working on breaking em in! Ditto on the screws. Fawk that stuff.

My locks don't leak at all suprisingly(sp)... Did at first but evened up the torques and fixed it.

These damn reversed center rims are going to be my downfall!!

Just do the 1/4 round or similar for the safety bead and be done with it. Might take you an hour per wheel, but it would probably solve your problems. :awesomework:

I know a couple of guys running the screws with no problems...

Maybe Poohbair will chime in...

Another guy that ran a fullsize chevy stepside even bent his rim with the screws and it still held air...

I run screws,,,,cheapest bead lock their is. used run the dumb Staun beadlocks.....screws are ok but not the best for sure and buy some fix a fat goo stuff cause your gunna need it..:beer:

A wise owl once told me to soak the bead of the tire in brake fluid for a few days. While waiting for the brake fluid to do its thing on the rubber take all the paint off your bead surface of the wheel and line the bead surface with gasket maker. (just before mounting). After the brake fluid has its way with the rubber clean off the tire bead with brake cleaner ( make sure there isnt any fluid on the Bead surface) and mount it. I guess the brake fluid swells the rubber and the gasket maker helps lube the surface for the tire to bead. Once the gasket maker drys good luck getting them off so he says.

Never tried it but this was used over in montana on some tractor tires that kept popping beads.:cool:

You first:flipoff:

I was the first in the state to have them,,,,,they sucked real bad and had a hard time gettin my money back..3 outta 4 failed,,,,,,I'll give you the last one.lol....but those were the first generation ones.....the new ones (look) way better,,,dunno how they actually work...good idea,,bad product at first.:masturbanana[1]:

I used to run the STAUNS for a couple of years was not the first but close to it the were awesome never had a problem. 1. you have to be careful when mounting them. 2. I was running an 80" in the front and 79" in the rear. but now I'm 88" in front and 86" in the rear so I went with ring's so not to bend a wheel, but rarely bent one when skinny, with the STAUNS:rolleyes:

I would get the STAUNS bud.

There the only street legal bead Lock, and you can still balance them, because there internal:awesomework:

Oh and they don't affect the ride, actually they ride better because you can run lower air pressure!!

Last edited:
There the only street legal bead Lock, and you can still balance them, because there internal:awesomework:

Oh and they don't affect the ride, actually they ride better because you can run lower air pressure!!

Wrong.... Im pretty sure TR has a street legal bead lock.

hummmm.... hummmmm,,, Might be an option I need to look further into. Thanks for the info.

I used to run 35x14.50x15 Boggers on 15x10. They made a terrible combo on a fullsize. I ended up just super glueing the beads on, after that I never had another problem.:awesomework:

I used a lot of glue though when I did mine.

Ya'll aint old school...I had tire loc's.

There are many street legal beadlocks. And really, for what it matters...Most beadlocks are made from a dot rim, So there is already a dot stamp on it..

I had the same problem with inner beads on my 39 inch Iroks. I used sikaflex and never had another problem. It was a little difficult to ge them off but with a razor blade it wasn't to bad really. Get a couple tubes of the black stuff from any marine supply place. The tubes go into caulking guns. Make sure you let the sikaflex cure with plenty of pressure in the tires so the beads will seat properly.

http://www.sikaindustry.com/ind/ipd-ma-products

I had the same problem with inner beads on my 39 inch Iroks. I used sikaflex and never had another problem. It was a little difficult to ge them off but with a razor blade it wasn't to bad really. Get a couple tubes of the black stuff from any marine supply place. The tubes go into caulking guns. Make sure you let the sikaflex cure with plenty of pressure in the tires so the beads will seat properly.

http://www.sikaindustry.com/ind/ipd-ma-products

Thanks. Nice to know something actually works. Do you have reversed center rims?

Latest posts