• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Installing a Reluctor Ring on My 4L60e Output Shaft

Indy Jeeper

Hey Guys

After getting my 4l60e into my Jeep I have realized that the Reluctor Ring was not put on. Has anyone had to installed one of these after the fact? Can it be done without pulling the transmission and completely tearing it apart? I'm also running a 300 t case if that makes a difference, Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Indy Jeeper said:
Hey Guys

After getting my 4l60e into my Jeep I have realized that the Reluctor Ring was not put on. Has anyone had to installed one of these after the fact? Can it be done without pulling the transmission and completely tearing it apart? I'm also running a 300 t case if that makes a difference, Any help would greatly be appreciated.

The reluctor ring for?

I have not done it myself but I know that several companies make some kits that let you move it to the governor area of the transmission. This allows you to install the reluctor ring without removing tearing down the transmission. I believe you have to drill and tap a hole in the case for your speed sensor though due to the new location.

I didn't have to tear my tranny apart to put the reluctor wheel on mine. I used an advanced adapter kit.