• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

iPad POS systems

L

lowbudgetjunk

I have a very clunky Point of Sale system that I bought 4 years ago when I opened my business. It gets the job doe, but not as efficiently as I would like. I have learned a lot from it, but @ $5000 for a new system, I want to find real world experience from someone that uses IPads in a retail setting. I have perused forums, but it seems they are all awesome due to the false posts by employees of said POS company.

Anyhow, there are a lot of benefits from using the IPads, it is just hard to figure out what software to go with. Comments, thoughts, ribbing all appreciated.

Have you looked into the Square POS app for ipad? My wife uses it, but she is in cosmetology. However, there are a TON of businesses around auburn that use square pos now.

ibrokeit said:
Have you looked into the Square POS app for ipad? My wife uses it, but she is in cosmetology. However, there are a TON of businesses around auburn that use square pos now.

The rate is too high for my processing. I am going to have to use many current CC processor and a stand alone POS system. I do use square as my backup though and it has helped out when the power is out or when the Internet has been down.

We use iPads for Plum Rewards Loyalty system. At one point I had 6 in service at the same time. They are WITHOUT A DOUBT, QUESTION, OR DEBATE the ABSOLUTE BUGGIEST, SHITTIEST, NON-WORKING, CRAPPIEST piece of computing equipment I have ever owned in my entire life. I literally work on these mother ****ers every single day of my life. Out of the 6, 5 of them are not working at any given time. I literally can't fix them as fast as they **** up. I would entrust a mother fuking abacus as my POS before I even gave a second thought to an iPad. I literally can not say enough bad things about these pieces of ****. Not a day goes by that I don't consider just smashing them with a sledge hammer and putting and end to my misery. And no one knows how to ****ign work on them either, not even the iStore. They're always just like, "Yeah, they suck, we know. Can I help you with anything else?"

I pity you guys with iPhones. You have no idea how reliable an Android is compared to an Apple product.

patooyee said:
We use iPads for Plum Rewards Loyalty system. At one point I had 6 in service at the same time. They are WITHOUT A DOUBT, QUESTION, OR DEBATE the ABSOLUTE BUGGIEST, SHITTIEST, NON-WORKING, CRAPPIEST piece of computing equipment I have ever owned in my entire life. I literally work on these mother ****ers every single day of my life. Out of the 6, 5 of them are not working at any given time. I literally can't fix them as fast as they **** up. I would entrust a mother fuking abacus as my POS before I even gave a second thought to an iPad. I literally can not say enough bad things about these pieces of ****. Not a day goes by that I don't consider just smashing them with a sledge hammer and putting and end to my misery. And no one knows how to ****ign work on them either, not even the iStore. They're always just like, "Yeah, they suck, we know. Can I help you with anything else?"

I pity you guys with iPhones. You have no idea how reliable an Android is compared to an Apple product.

molaugh

patooyee said:

So what your saying is an iPad is a POS system? amiright?!?

Re:

What software JJ? I definitely want to put it on my do not buy list

Kel Lawrence

Its not the software I'm using, its IOS / Ipod stuff. All of them drop wifi constantly. Sometimes they won't charge and then they'll just start charging fine. Sometimes they won't detect the wifi network at all that the one right next to them does. I have one that for some reason will not work on our network at all, but will work on all others. They constantly ask for the iStore and iCloud password even though I have iCloud disabled. You can cancel out and not enter the password and then it will ask for it again immediately. Or you can enter the password and it will sometimes let you back in, other times tell you that that user is is disabled. Just wait a few minutes and try again and it will work. They randomly go out of guided access mode giving customers access to the entire Ipod to **** with. And then once you fix these problems they come back a few days later. Another one will not access any apple website, but will access all others. This means it won't get updates and I have to take it home to get them where, for some reason, it will access Apple websites.

http://www.plumreward.com/

That's the software we run on them. But that software is solid, its all the Apple **** around it that sucks.

patooyee said:

Gah damn I just cackled. LOL!

I manage 85+ mac users with most being offsite. not that much problems. But 85 users is nothing compared to the 25,000 PC users we have.

Been leaning towards bindo pos.. we shall see. I had crash number two in two weeks on windows based piece of ****. I have had almost enough and it sets my employees on edge when they cant fix it themselves.

patooyee said:
Its not the software I'm using, its IOS / Ipod stuff. All of them drop wifi constantly. Sometimes they won't charge and then they'll just start charging fine. Sometimes they won't detect the wifi network at all that the one right next to them does. I have one that for some reason will not work on our network at all, but will work on all others. They constantly ask for the iStore and iCloud password even though I have iCloud disabled. You can cancel out and not enter the password and then it will ask for it again immediately. Or you can enter the password and it will sometimes let you back in, other times tell you that that user is is disabled. Just wait a few minutes and try again and it will work. They randomly go out of guided access mode giving customers access to the entire Ipod to **** with. And then once you fix these problems they come back a few days later. Another one will not access any apple website, but will access all others. This means it won't get updates and I have to take it home to get them where, for some reason, it will access Apple websites.

http://www.plumreward.com/

That's the software we run on them. But that software is solid, its all the Apple **** around it that sucks.

You need a vacation, a beer, and a happy pill. You are wound tighter than a 2$ toy. :smoke: :drinkers: :fish:

pholmann said:
You need a vacation, a beer, and a happy pill. You are wound tighter than a 2$ toy. :smoke: :drinkers: :fish:

Its pretty easy to be pissed off about it when you have customers complaining that they can't get their free ****.

Latest posts