• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

is 10 grand worth a drive?

GStone

Uwharrie National forest is located near Denton NC. The locals,myself included, around here go wheeling there all the time. Why haven't you heard of it? It's pretty easy, there are a couple of tough sections on a couple of trails, but for the most part your stocker can negotiate the place without too many problems. Therefore, I'd never drive more than the 45minutes to an hour it takes me to get there. It has miles of trails for stock or mildly built rigs.
An event promoter approached the park rangers to see about having what he called "uwharriecross" where one trail is designated as the course. The trail this takes place on is the most difficult one there (again, it ain't difficult). It would be a timed event, with harder lines for higher class vehicles. The point isn't to stop anyone, just put the obstacles in to make things interesting. Make note this is not like the races at Grey Rock, this course is long, like over a mile or more. Keeping your junk together (not overheating, breaking stuff)as well as speed will be a key in winning .
Here's the kicker 10 grand in cash and prizes to the winner of the big boy class. I've entered, I'm passing it on to some of you. Brad, don't disappoint me. :flipoff1:
Here's a link to more info and registration information. http://www.americanwheeler.com/Default.aspx
this has also been posted on Pirate in the comps/events forum and a few other boards around the east coast area.

10k is a hell of a prize, I am sure a lot of people would enter just because of that. If I had your buggy, or if I drove like Brad, I would enter. That is a pretty cool idea.

You'd be in C class....by what's registered now in that class..you'd have a chance. There are 4 classes from stockish-to wild.

Not sure why but when I try to open the link for American Wheeler it shuts down Firefox. dunno

GStone said:
You'd be in C class....by what's registered now in that class..you'd have a chance. There are 4 classes from stockish-to wild.

Looking at the site, C class is 38" and down tires, with 40"s would I have to be in class D? I would probably compete in Class C, but it would be a waste of money to compete against rigs like yours in Class D.

I'm in, I was talking to Travis this morning and he was telling me about it. With such a big cash prize it's going to bring out the stupid in more than a few. I hope no one puts a hot dog wrapper in my rear housing. :flipoff1:

Thinking about it,don't usually do well with competitions but i do like to drive a little crazy. Maybe this could break my hex i've had on competing. What do you guys think?
With the new motor and Ultra Bell it might hold together this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pepper.gif

Tcameron said:
Im in how do i enter?

http://americanwheeler.com/Register.asp

We have some good private local stuff to wheel on that's 20 min from Uwharrie as well if you make the trip.

Jimbo said:
Thinking about it,don't usually do well with competitions but i do like to drive a little crazy.

I never do too well either I usually start out a little too wide open...but I always have fun.

caos2006.jpg

rock mafia said:
http://americanwheeler.com/Register.asp

We have some good private local stuff to wheel on that's 20 min from Uwharrie as well if you make the trip.

Jim, glad you found our site! I need to find some smaller tires to run in the non-buggy class!

I was hoping you would do this Timmie. I still don't have any competition though. :flipoff1:
I never do too well either I usually start out a little too wide open...but I always have fun.
Are you already admitting your going to loose?

To me.

Greg , I sent in the pic of my rig, but they still haven't put it up yet. Do I need to resend it?

I'm in this race. By looking at the other rigs in the C class I think I should be competitive. My problem is the driver. It's my first race and I don't have that much experience working the balance between speed and carnage in a race setting. I'm looking forward to getting a few practice sessions in.