• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Is this just plain dumb??

throttlejunkie said:
I agree with John on this one. Not sure how the winters shifter would do if I had to grab reverse fast navigateing through all those gates.

I ran this shifter in my old rig and all I did was cut the little tab between 2nd and 3rd which allowed you to go from 1st to Reverse without having to navigate though any gates :dblthumb:

Re: Re: Is this just plain dumb??

JohnG said:
No, not for out sport. No ratchets, you will hate life.

This is the shifter I run.

BMM-80797_JY_ml.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmm-80797

Here it is for less:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-M-RACING-PRODUCTS-AUTOMATIC-SHIFTER-STREET-BANDIT-SHIFTER-80797-/201276900092?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2edd09c2fc&vxp=mtr
Didn't one of the major four wheel drive magazines run that shifter in a TJ?

My old buggy had an Art Carr/Winters shifter (700r4) with all the gates cut out. If you pushed the stick to the right and forward you could go from any gear to neutral. If you pulled left and forward you could go from any gear to Reverse. I reall liked it, it saved my ass more than once. I bought the same shifter for my new buggy (Powerglide), but with it being rear engine and with the way everything was layed out the rear exit cable just wasn't going to work good. That's the only reason I"m not using it. I ended up buying a B&M Magnum grip Pro-Stick and plan to do the mods just like the Billavista article.

Not trying to hijack you thread, but I am gonna sell the Art Carr, just haven't posted it. If you're interested shoot me a PM, I'll make you a good deal. I have everything to set it up for either a Powerglide, or a TH350. (gate plates and install) hardware.

Re: Re: Is this just plain dumb??

paradisepwoffrd said:
I have been seeing this type in alot if buggies lately. It has gates that need to be removed also
It comes with nuts and bolts you put in position where you want for your trans. the shifter is spring loaded so you can pull it too the side and go around the bolt. I just didn't put any of the bolts in mine.

In my opinion what you should do is take an eighth inch drill bit and a metal clothes hanger. Go to yer tool box and grab a pair of side cutters or dykes as some call em. Cut the clothes hanger and straighten that bitch out. Then run'er thru that thar hole and to your transgression gear selector. Use yer war pliers and rap it around that selector piece and bend a loop for yer finger up between yer seats. Just operate that butch without any levers. Same works for a broken throttle, wipers, and lots of ****.