• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Isuzu trooper II crawler maybe?

Ace2085

I have a 1986 2 door trooper II with a 2.2l turbo diesel. Was wondering what the feasibility of building a starter rig with it.

I had a 2dr w/ 1.9 gas when they first came in-- I'll bet this one is from Canadia?

ecoast said:
I had a 2dr w/ 1.9 gas when they first came in-- I'll bet this one is from Canadia?

American Troopers had diesels people: "Also available only for 1986 in the US was the 87 PS (64 kW) 2.2l C223T turbocharged diesel engine, using a Garrett turbocharger. It was not a popular option because of the low power generated, and furthermore is notorious for a weak bottom end, the connecting rods not originally designed for the increased thermal and mechanical stress of forced induction. Because of those problems, Isuzu changed the 4ZE1 for 1988"

It needs to be rebuilt, but all the parts are there to do that. I ran it out of oil 4 years ago then attempted to rebuilt it myself and failed miserably.. I don't know how to post pics I'm new to hardline.. But I'll see if I can when I get off work. I'm located in northeast GA and I would be willing to sell, but I realize how rare they are because of the issues I had finding parts