• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

It's all MADRAM's fault...........

jkh533 said:
What is the story on your shifters?

Nice rig :dblthumb:

One on the floor is tranny, basic B&M shifter with the gates removed. Other is the t-case, had to go with cable due to lack of space and I had an old GM shifter laying around I adapted, still need to get a boot made for it.

Made the Fall trip to Clayton, OK this last weekend. Finally had a rig I felt comfortable going to the back side of the mountain (where the big rocks grow.....). We ran Ate my lunch, Plucked and some of Redneck Millionaire Blvd, then it was time to head for the house. Few pics from the trip.

stano said:
The arms are from a guy on pirate, fordtechguru is his screen name. He is a vendor there. He makes them for the SD fronts up to 04. Rad is 26x19 and is seems to do fine, I removed the t-stat.

i alway thought with out t- stat would get even hotter because the coolant will not stay in radiator long enough to actually cool off

bee513 said:
i alway thought with out t- stat would get even hotter because the coolant will not stay in radiator long enough to actually cool off

It's funny you mention that....I had to put one back in, seemed to be getting warm on occasion, still not sure if it's 100% yet.....

Re: Re: It's all MADRAM's fault...........

I have put a washer in as a restrictor or the thermostat minus the spring and block off. Both have worked for me. Nice rig :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

51Jeepwillys said:
bad ass looking rig. how you like those 37" pbr's?

Thx! I really like those tires, had 1 set of bias on an old rig and this set of radials, cant tell any difference in the hook. As a matter o' fact, I'm ordering a set of the 41.5's this week. I set the buggy up for 18" belly at ride height and now with the tires getting broken in and getting the shocks tuned it has settled to 16", so gonna just run a bigger tire, but for where we are at, I don't think you can beat a PBR for the toughness and grip.....

stano said:
Thx! I really like those tires, had 1 set of bias on an old rig and this set of radials, cant tell any difference in the hook. As a matter o' fact, I'm ordering a set of the 41.5's this week. I set the buggy up for 18" belly at ride height and now with the tires getting broken in and getting the shocks tuned it has settled to 16", so gonna just run a bigger tire, but for where we are at, I don't think you can beat a PBR for the toughness and grip.....

I'm going to be running 37" sticky claws on my new buggy but want to go with a 37" pbr. I'm glad to see they worked great for you out at Clayton. That's one of our main places to go wheeling.

9e7uba5e.jpg

Making a few changes, got some 41.5" tires mounted.

uhu5eje9.jpg

Fabbed up some hood hold downs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedway motors sells the washer for the tstat housing but yes no tstat can make in run hot in a marginal cooling system. It's hard to get a big enough radiator in those tight cj grilles though