• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Its new bike time!!

I love alot of features about the KTM but the linkless suspension is not one of them. I was instantly faster on my KX450 box stock than my 525sx with CB reworked suspension.

I am really leaning towards the TE300 or FE350.

Cant go wrong with 300 or the 350. I kinda like the 350 also cause I want to plate my bike and it would make life a bit simpler being able to fill it up at the pump. I love the 2 stroke in the woods tho. It was tough for me to chose since I have always owned 4 strokers.

Cant go wrong with 300 or the 350. I kinda like the 350 also cause I want to plate my bike and it would make life a bit simpler being able to fill it up at the pump. I love the 2 stroke in the woods tho. It was tough for me to chose since I have always owned 4 strokers.

Ya, I am going to have to ride both to decide. I have been thinking about waiting until Motosport has their demo day at Washougal but I fear they wont have both bikes there.

What didn't you like about your Honda?

Ya, I am going to have to ride both to decide. I have been thinking about waiting until Motosport has their demo day at Washougal but I fear they wont have both bikes there.

What didn't you like about your Honda?

HEAVY!! And most of the weight was high on the bike. After doing everything you can do to the carb and motor with no money spared it still caughed and hacked on the trails. Im not a real high speed rider so I need to have my bike run at that flame out threshold. It also seemed like everything crapped out on that bike while I owned it. I ended up rebuilding just about everything on the damn thing and was tired of dumping money into it to try and make it something its not. When people say the CRF450x is the ultamate trail bike, they either A) dont ride anything tighter than a smooth quad trail or B) Have never rode anything else. If I lived in a more wide open desert type area then I would have kept it. Oh and did I mention the Honda was heavy!

Damn, I was considering a 450x also. You never hear of a Honda not running.
Welp, back to the sweed speed buggy.

HEAVY!! And most of the weight was high on the bike. After doing everything you can do to the carb and motor with no money spared it still caughed and hacked on the trails. Im not a real high speed rider so I need to have my bike run at that flame out threshold. It also seemed like everything crapped out on that bike while I owned it. I ended up rebuilding just about everything on the damn thing and was tired of dumping money into it to try and make it something its not. When people say the CRF450x is the ultamate trail bike, they either A) dont ride anything tighter than a smooth quad trail or B) Have never rode anything else. If I lived in a more wide open desert type area then I would have kept it. Oh and did I mention the Honda was heavy!

I've never heard of anyone saying the CRF450x is the ultimate trail bike. You're right they must of not ridden anything else except maybe a trail 90 (which is sweet). DHR, if the newest KTM you ever rode was a 525 try something newer while your still looking. KTM started figuring out their suspension is '08 (first year of the 530) and do have bikes with suspension linkage now. You won't go wrong on a Husky but before you buy it doesn't cost anything to test others.

Will do, I'm going to try and get a ride or two in before the desert 100. After that it's wait until June 15th to hit the woods and single tracks.

Will do, I'm going to try and get a ride or two in before the desert 100. After that it's wait until June 15th to hit the woods and single tracks.

I wouldn't mind hitting up Mattawa one day, never been out there. I plan on going to the D100 but probably wont run the race. The plan is to hit up China Hat the weekend after.

Latest posts