• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Its the end of October.. time for... SNOW!

WHERE!?

• Paridise Side of Mt Rainier (4600ft)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • West Mt. St. Helens (4100ft)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Tonga Ridge (3600ft)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Back to Twin Lakes! (5200ft)

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
haha. GODDAMN HIPPIES!!!

The weather outlook is pretty bleak right now. Stevens pass is bare, there was only a dusting last weekend at Funny Rocks, and the really cold front passing over the country next week is going to set us up for a ridge of mild temperatures while the warm air from the sea rises to combat the cold air in the rockies.

Next possible chance right now appears to be the weekend before thanksgiving. Temps will drop into the lower teens (50F), which should get the snow levels down to 4000ft.

Just try to keep your tires on the rim...... :haha:

543908_586878958016379_262753349_n.jpg

For the past 7 years I've put on a first snow run up-to Twin Lakes, near the Canadian Border. While its been a great run, I live now in Vancouver, WA which makes that drive a bit... long.

So that said, I'm curious where people would like to explore next? I have a few roads that look available, although not at the 5000ft like twin lakes... choose an area above...

Your not far from my home stomping grounds go up mt St. Helens to the logging roads up 5 corners you will find snow

So the latest Weather report is in -- and its trending towards SNOW almost to sea level on thursday and friday, especially down south.

Will be watching the weather closely. Its looking like this next weekend might be a good candidate. Jacob can't make it to Gallegher, but I might -- depends on what I'm doing friday night.

hmm the latest report is showing its just going to be COLD and Dry north of Vancouver, WA.

snow24.48.0000.gif

However, I'm thinking a run upto Hood River or maybe just south is where we're going to go. LOTS of snow there!

Hopefully by next weekend we will see some more precip, but at this time my guess is that the Lake won't have much of anything there. At least according to the Stevens pass cams it looks pretty minimal.

Hmm it looks like most of the precip is staying south. They revised it from south of I-90 to now south of Mt Adams:

* Snow accumulations: 3 to 6 inches of snow are possible across the lower Columbia Basin of Oregon...4 to 8 inches of snow are possible over the Simcoe Highlands...and the east slopes of the Washington Cascades south of Mount Adams.

There is a chance the middle of next week that we see some snow, but its hard to say yet. But this weekend is all but clear and sunny up there with probably nothing more than a dusting.

Sadly even south is looking not so good. Looking at the webcams, I think Hood River would be the place to go, TSF is bare and wet right now.

There just isn't enough moisture north of the Columbia River to drop much snow. I think we're looking at maybe 6" on Larch mountain.