• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JB Conversions 241C SYE

zeke392 said:
I read about a couple hack & taps before but not much detail. Being a machinist I am sure I can do all required machine work, can we get a list of parts?
Chuck up on the original tailshaft extension housing. cut it down to 2.5" then bore for the seal 2.750 x 0.505 deep (national seal 3946 - same a stock)

Start with a Neapco N3-23-9163X slip flange yoke. I didnt realize till now that a 32 spline slip is cut different than a 32 spline fixed shaft.

Here's my rough print of what to cut the slip to. The counter bores in the bottom are to clear the snap ring on the output shaft. Your flange yoke bolt pattern & pilot may be different. I just modified it to work with what I already had laying around.

Last, slide everything together, mark the output shaft just shorter than the end of the yoke. cut it off & drill & tap for 1/2-20 bolt. Use a heavy washer to hold it together & blue loctite for insurance.
c313c8c2155e3bd067dac74dbce641f5.jpg

ive been running 1 in my jeep for about 3 years, it was the only option for a 241c at the time, may still be. it is a good part, everything worked great. i actuall just used it on a second case today, i busted a case and the jb conversions bearing housing was the only exterior part that was re usable. the downfall imo is dealing with jb conversions. when i made the switch to 1350 shafts i tried for 3 weeks to get ahold of them about getting a flange to fit my 1350 cv yoke and never could get ahold of them. they do not answer the phones or respond to emails very well at all if you need future support on their product