• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JB Conversions...

I have them also and I love it!! Made it so my wife could wheel without burning up the tranny... Parts are stout and not too bad to put in.

What gears are ya'll running in your axles?

I've got 6.17 gears in my 60s with a 400 tranny. I was afraid I'd be geared WAY too low with the 6.17s and the 4-1 case....Plus it was gonna be two weeks before I could get the Lowmax kit. I replaced the stockers for the time being for $40 (prolly the cheapest break on a crawler I'll ever have other than a fuse. lol) and stuck it back together, maybe it'll get me through the Gray Rock ride anyway.

I had given thought to putting a 14bolt in the rear and running a 4.56 or 4.88 maybe even a 5.13 gear. 4.56 would be nice, if I could get my hands on a 4.56 14bolt with the gov locker I could still use my front Detroit and only be out one set of gears. I got no issue with the 60s. (they took a beating at SETTC) Just planning ahead and thinking out loud I guess.....

Another question....Can I use my Dana 60 disc brake set up on a 14bolt? :dunno: Stupid fawkin n00b.... laughing1

Rokcrler said:
Was running 5.38s with TF627 and 39s :dblthumb:
but rig was built to crawl not bounce :woot:

4.56 on 43s with the 4-1 might be a good idea for my rig....hmmm. Thanks for the reply! :dblthumb: