• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JESUS= Hope ( a thread for encouragement)

Thanking God....

On Saturday me and my girlfriend were out riding 4 wheelers. She turned too sharp causing the 4 wheeler to roll on top of her. As it rolled, the foot peg ripped into her inner thigh. When I got to her I lifted the 4 wheeler off and noticed blood dripping from her leg. After looking more closely to see how bad it was I could see that her flesh had been ripped wide open. She was in quite a bit of pain, but wasn't aware of how bad she had been cut. We took her sweatshirt off and applied it to the wound to keep pressure on it to hopefully stop the bleeding. She started telling me she felt like she was going to pass out. I was doing my best to keep her calm, while at the same time trying to figure out how I was going to get her back to the truck and to the hospital. There was no way that paramedics would be able to get to us because of the hills and soft sand, and with this huge gash on the inside of her thigh, there was no way she would be able to ride back to the truck on the 4 wheeler. I also knew that I didn't want to leave her there by herself while I went back to get the truck. Right about the time that I really started getting worried about how I was going to get her to the hospital a friend of mine called me on my cell phone. He happened to be on his way home from a funeral and was only a few miles away from where we were riding. I told him about the accident and the fact that I needed to get her to the hospital. He drove his jeep back to where we were, picked her up and drove her to the hospital. I quickly loaded the 4 wheelers and and followed them to the hospital. After being seen by several nurses and a doctor she was given a total of 15 stitches, 4 internal, and 11 on the outside. They estimated the gash to be 2-3 inches deep and about 2 inches wide. More importantly than the gash itself was the fact that everyone at the hospital that saw the wound immediately told her how lucky she was because it was extremely close to her femoral artery.

Looking back, I am so thankful that God was looking out for us on that day. Even though I feel really bad for what she has gone through I am fortunate that it turned out the way that it did. I realize that she could have very easily died in my arms within minutes after the accident if the foot peg had entered her leg less than an inch higher than it did. Something like this quickly reminds you of how important it is to give thanks to Him for all that He does.

Just FYI as for right now. And it will be announced officially later. But the 2012 CRAWL 4 CHRIST event will be held in Disney, Ok. this summer on July 4-July 7
Details will be announced and Registration information in a few weeks. Everyone is Welcome.

I've been watching this thread for months before I decided to chime in. It's good to read the positive things that some people put on here. You see, I've struggled with what to believe in for a number of years. I enjoy talking/listening to everyone's opinion/belief, but I'm not sure what I believe in in. I have a very good friend/father figure that says just because I doubt, I already believe, I have a wife that is a born again Christian, and needs for me to be there for her. I don't think my marriage will survive past my kids graduating high school if I don't have the same views as her when we grow old together: and I don't blame her for that, I just can't provide that for her right now. I am a very scientific person, and have issues with some of the accounts in the Bible. I can tell you I'm a middle aged man, that wonders what it all means on a daily basis, takes nothing for granted, and appreciates all the little things in life. Some of the stories in this thread make me choke up and cry, I enjoy a good sunset, and I see things in my children that make me proud every day, I just don't know what the correct path is. I recently read a book titled A Reason for God by James Keller, I believe, I had hoped it would provide some guidance, but I digress it didn't help ME at all. I would like to hear what makes it work for everyone else. I guess my biggest fear is "what if I'm wrong'! What if the path I choose, believing in Jesus, Budda, Allah, nothing, or whoever is wrong. There are millions of people in the world that believe that the person/God they worship is the ONLY thing to worship. Who's right, and everyone one of those people that REALLY believe they are right for believing.

Thanks for sharing k5 Blazer boy: Now first let me say that I am not a Bible thumper and very seldom quote scripture, but I will put one up today.
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I am glad that you are seeking the Truth. I can just speak best from my own personal experience. I have been a Christian for many years and attended church regularly. That was mostly what I did was just attend church. I was not growing any. Then one day I Prayer to God more to show me more wisdom about the truth. I prayed and read the bible daily for a couple of years and my understanding grew. Still today sometimes I run out of time to spend in prayer and in the word and I get stagnant until I get my schedule back in line. All successful relationships begin with communications. This includes your marriage and your relationship with Christ. You must keep communications open in both areas. I will be praying for you K5 as you continue your search. I also suggest you make time to visit with your mentor and then seek out what he says in the scriptures. Feel free to post up with questions or contact me direct @ [email protected] God Bless You and Yours

k5 Blazer boy I have to agree that you definitely believe in something if you are wondering. Keep talking to people in the know and looking for your answer. Knowing what is correct to believe may seem difficult but if you read the Bible regularly and pray then you might just find your answer. Like Dave I would be glad to help in any way I can. Email me @ [email protected] if you want. Also come visit us over at www.ucora.org. We discuss lots of things from wheeling to whatever over there. Very family friendly and lots of great Christians there.

I am not sure if any of you all have seen any of the post on the young man that was injured New Years ride or not. I am going to cross post the story and a couple of inserts from his journal on the "Caring Bridge" website. I know him and his family could use any and all prayers and it really made me think the way his parents give credit to God for everything. I do not know this young man or anyone associated with him but don't think they would mind me sharing and of course the prayers. Hope you all enjoy the read.

Here is a link to the caring bridge page if you would want to read more:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/calebgregory

The Story:

Background Story

Caleb was at the "Wheeling In The Country" Off Road event in Summertown, TN. He and two friends were in a jeep that flipped over and landed in a pond. Caleb was hung up in the passenger seat and was underwater for a couple of minutes. His friends were able to cut him out and get him to shore.

Then God intervened as some folks with medical training happened to be coming by. Caleb's heart had stopped but they were able to administer CPR until the medical staff that were at the event arrived. Caleb was then life-flighted to Vanderbilt Hospital and arrived just after 10pm on Saturday evening, December 29th in critical condition.

Once Brian and Marlena arrived (Caleb's parents), the doctor came and updated them on his condition. The doctor explained that several parts of Caleb's body had been insulted from having been submerged in the pond water and that they were especially concerned about his lungs. He was also very cold from having been in the freezing water but this again was a small miracle as the cold helped slow Caleb's body functions until the paramedics could get him stabilized.

After a few hours, the doctor came and explained that Caleb's lungs were so insulted that they were not allowing the good oxygen to transfer into the blood stream and also not allowing the carbon dioxides and other poisons to exit through his lungs. As Brian and Marlena and friends prayed that the doctors would receive wisdom not of their own, the lead doctor came back in and explained that Caleb's lungs weren't functioning and he had called in an expert who specializes in an E.C.M.O. procedure were a machine actually removes your blood from the body, cleanses the blood, oxygenizes it, and then pumps it back into the body.

The doctor arrived and after explaining everything to Brian and Marlena, he agreed to hook Caleb up to the E.C.M.O. machine and informed them that they would know pretty quickly how Caleb was responding. After the prayers of many people, God again stepped in and caused Caleb's body to accept the procedure even beyond the expectations of the doctors.

At the initial meeting between the first doctor and Caleb's parents, it was said that there was going to be three critical times for Caleb. The first was that first hour which Caleb had miraculously survived (he had actually lost his life and God brought him back to us on the shore of the pond), then Caleb needed to survive the first 24 hours, and then following that, he needed a lot of things to go right over the next couple of weeks. Following the successful E.C.M.O. procedure, Caleb had become stable (athough still critical) and had gotten past the first 24 hour period - Praise God!

Now as we start the first day of 2013, Caleb's body has shown vast improvement and the new concern is Caleb's mental faculties and what damage may or may not have been done from the lack of oxygen to his brain. Throughout this process, Caleb has been under serious sedation and his mind and body have been intentionally put into a coma-like state so that the doctors could get him stabilized.

On Tuesday, January 1, the doctors have started taking him off the medications as they are wanting to see how his brain responds. This is now the next critical period for Caleb and the family asks that all prayers be directed at Caleb making a complete recovery and that there would be no permanent damage to his brain.

Update as of when he went in:

Update as of Wed. 1-2-13

Written Jan 2, 2013 2:40pm by Tammy Patrick
Caleb's Update....

When Brian walked in this morning to get the morning report, the doctor said he had great news. Caleb had began coughing, turning a little red, and responding to light in his eyes. All are signs of brain activity. The doctors no longer find it necessary to test to see if blood is going to his brain. His lungs are continuously getting stronger and are currently breathing on their own. His body is also responding well to the feeding tube.

Caleb is still on the ventillator and ECMO machine. They will try in the next few days to take him off the ECMO machine. They will be doing another procedure on his lungs today. They will be cleaning them and looking at them with a camera. This will allow them to check for infection.
The family is very encouraged with Caleb's progress. They are very thankful and humbled by the support and prayers. Please continue to pray specifically that Caleb will not get any type of infection and continues to increase his brain activity.

Latest update today:
Praise The Lord!

Written 11 hours ago by Tammy Patrick
Everyone will be rejoicing tonight! Caleb woke up and his parents were by him! He tried to sit up in his bed and pull the ventilator out of his mouth! His dad told him to settle down and that he was okay. His mom spoke to him and tears flowed from his eyes! Praise be to God! Caleb has had his rest and he is ready to go it appears! He is amazingly strong!

They had to give him a sedative because he is still on the ventilator which is in his mouth and he is still on the ECMO machine. But, this is INCREDIBLE! Visitation is over for tonight, so we may not know any more until in the morning, but we will take what we know tonight and that is Caleb has the desire in his heart to climb out of that bed!!!

1 Timothy 6:11-12 " man of God, pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith."

We pray for Caleb ... Father we praise you! Our faith and Caleb's faith endures! We are thankful Caleb tried to climb out of that bed tonight. We ask that you send your angels to his bedside tonight to offer him peace and comfort as he rests. We pray for continued healing. We pray that he will be able to remain calm as he understands his condition. We pray he will be off the ventilator and ECMO machines very soon. We thank you for these machines and the doctors that have taken care of Caleb and brought him this far! We praise The Great Physician for His healing. Amen

Thanks for Sharing. I was unaware of this incident. Oh what a might God we serve. That you GOD for giving strength to the family and the patient and wisdom to the medical staff.

GOD is the almighty healer of hearts and bodies. This story is headed for a great ending it seems. I hope all is still well. BUT, some people don't get a second chance, It could be any of us at any time, YOUR # can be called. ARE YOU READY??? If God called you from this earth today are you confident that you would hear HIM say, Well done my good and faithfull servant, or DEPART from me, I never knew you? This is a reality that YOU WILL face one of the other one day. If you Don't know CHRIST JESUS as your savior, accept HIM today, don't wait and just go through life puting salvation off. HE is the only way to put it blunt NOT to burn in Hell. Lots of people sugar coat the truth, but the truth is eternal seperation from GOD is fire and toreture for ETERNITY!! Think of all the crap you put up with everyday, all day, problems and sadness. If you don't accept Christ, this life is as good as you will ever have it. God doesn't want to turn you away the day of your judgement. HE created heaven as a resting place for us! He loves you, just love HIM back.

Good luck and prayers for this family, and I hope he completely heals! Great story!

You know, I was pleasantly surprised to see this thread. In a world gone mad its really an encouragement to see men step up and make a statement of faith.

I really enjoy reading the Psalms, a good friend of mine gave me a daily formula that works well. For the day of the month such as today the 10th you read chapter 10 then you add 30 to it so you would read chapter 40, then 70 etc everyday.

From today.

Psalm 40:
I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
and put their trust in him.
4 Blessed is the one
who trusts in the Lord,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.
5 Many, Lord my God,
are the wonders you have done,
the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you;
were I to speak and tell of your deeds,
they would be too many to declare.

Thanks 4 sharing. One of my favorites. I use vrs 2 on my business cards and a lot of evens. All us 4x4 guys should be able to associate with it. ;D

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

Iam proud to be saved by Jesus Christ from this sick world in which we have to live, Iam also encoraged that real men are not afraid to stand up and proclaim their faith, Thamk you guy,s for doing so!

Re: Re: JESUS= Hope ( a thread for encouragement)

All i can say is, thanks guys. The devil is hard at work to trip us up. Its good to know there are a few follow believers out there in this sport. God is good and never ceases to amaze me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The sun is shining, birds are chirping and it's a beautiful day. Thank you Jesus for all of your many blessings.

Hey guys,
This may sound week as it gets but here it goes, cuz it's biblical.
We need to FIRST love CHRIST, above all things in our life. HE is first don't forget that. I always tell myself, HE NEVER puts me second. Why am I putting HIM last?
Point I'm getting to is this,
We should love our wife as Christ loves us. We should pray for God to love our wives through us. We definetly can't mess up then. God commands us to love our Wife more than anything else besides him. Order is as follows,
GOD, Wife, kids, family, ---- then you friends, jobs and HOBBY Last. That is tuff, I know that trying to make a great life for your family, and trying to enjoy yourself sometimes gets in the way of whats most important.
If your like me, I get up everyday to clothes ironed and laid out, and come home to a clean kid, and cooked supper. I am taken care of pretty much all the time by my wife. I know I get caught up in putting God and her way behind everything else. Those two NEVER put me last.
So, it was just on my heart this morning to say, if you got a good woman, let her know that you know she holds alot of worth in your life. MEN are the leaders in a home, and attitude will always reflet leadership. Do your job as a man, put God first and love your wife as HE commanded. Everything else will fall into place.