• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jimmy Smith "STOP LOSS" buggy build

Cole said:
yeah the pictures suck, its hard to take a picture of.

Cole, thanks for the effort on the pictures. That plate mounts up against the back of the bell housing is what I can see in that picture. Is that correct? How many bolts holding the bellhousing to the engine does it capture? Don't you have a tail housing support on the back of you Atlas mounted via bushing to the undercarriage?

badreligion_13 said:
Cole, thanks for the effort on the pictures. That plate mounts up against the back of the bell housing is what I can see in that picture. Is that correct? How many bolts holding the bellhousing to the engine does it capture? Don't you have a tail housing support on the back of you Atlas mounted via bushing to the undercarriage?

yeah your're correct, It captures 2 bolts. Yes I have the atlas support.

Hard mount is the way to go. Been doing it for many years on the trucks we race and they are puttin out way more hp and take about the same abuse as a buggy. Very little breakage and when it breaks it is usualy due to a crash.

viseashane1 said:
can i fit in this ride

We will find out if I ever get it done... I brought it home 3 weeks ago and have not touched it since. I am waiting on parts and time off to work on it :dunno:...

patooyee said:
Are people hard-mounting aluminum engines or just the iron-blocks?

J. J.
I am not sure it seems to me that I would probably want to use a bushing or rubber mount for an aluminum block maybe somebody can chime in and educate us...

OD green amd desert tan have been ruled out, my powdercoater could not guarantee the color with the clear finish... Oh well, I have seen to much of that color in my life already!

COLT said:
OD green amd desert tan have been ruled out, my powdercoater could not guarantee the color with the clear finish... Oh well, I have seen to much of that color in my life already!
Would have been different anyway....sure you've seen enough though. lol

Buddy of mine done a bike in flat black and a flat green....it looked damn good. When he told me about it, I thought WTF? Turned out really nice though. One of the best looking Harley's I've ever seen.

Jimmy. How long does it take you to build a buggy? Could you pm me with a price on a roller?I have axles, and drivetrain
Thanks

Jimmy. How long does it take you to build a buggy? Could you pm me with a price on a roller?I have axles, and drivetrain
Thanks

i hook u up with a frame

trentp said:
Thanks

i hook u up with a frame
what you gonna get next Trent?