• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

John Cub-Obi

Cobweb

I've been slowly piecing together a franken-mower. Started out as a working/mowing cub cadet that was a side discharge that I got for free from my father in law. I hate having dead grass after I mow my little over 1/3rd acre... so I went to my local small engine repair shop and dug through their mower grave yard and pieced together parts to make a complete bag system off a John Deere. found a deck chute, chute tube, and bag box w/ bags (hard to find btw...) and gave the guy his asking price of $30. it fits almost perfect. I had to make a custom mount to mount the bag braket to the back of the mower and rivet the deck chute to the deck, and the rest kind of just fell into place. I tweeked my blades up a little bit to create more lift/air flow. I was still having some clogging issues. So I went to my local pawn shop and picked up a dang near new 4-stroke Ryobi leaf blower for $50. (sorry pokey, that one from you had a bad pickup-coil, thank you again though) fabbed up some brakets and make the two tubes meet nicely, and badda bing, I have a grass cutt'n lean mean S.O.B.

the blower is quick disconnect too and the only thing modified on the blower is the extra blower tube. I still have the original one, and can disconnect it and blow leave (or whatever) in about 10 seconds.

Hence John Cub-Obi

Cub Cadet - Free
John Deere bag system - $30
Ryobi blower - $50
John Cub-Obi - Priceless

It somehow rotated my pictures when I uploaded them to the pic converter thing, so just tilt your head...

2zex7us.jpg

2mo2zpf.jpg

2hqe5b6.jpg

9r0mr8.jpg

2lcsda1.jpg

1g3sar.jpg

kdwdfn.jpg

looking down the chute
2j2ur2u.jpg

2ujqjkm.jpg