• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Juniper Dunes

Gibby1

Did I BREAK that.......
Ceg, I've got a few guys heading to Juniper Dune on May 17th (Sunday). Anyone over there that can show us around?

I like Juniper better. Taller more challenging climbs/drop offs. Less of a pull for my tow rig over the hills getting there too.

Moses Lake is farther for me than Juniper. I can't remember the miles but Beverly is closer than Moses Lake and Beverly is 80 miles from my house.

We're going to be in the Tri-Cities for a conference that weekend.
http://www.northwestministry.com/si...ls=1&ev_sub=schedul&event_id=1l5kjv9rznthrzsc

Looking for some place to play for a few hours before heading back home on Sunday.

The organizers have a few of as as part of the closing ceremonies. We're going to drive over a pile of junk cars monster truck style and then they're going to crush them with a D10. Robin's coming with us, if he can find some rubber for his buggy. I offered to let him borrow my extra 39.5" IROKs, already mounted on rims for him, but he thinks they're too small!

Gibby, I'm pretty sure rounding up some "tour guides" shouldn't be a problem. I'll go post up on the Putter's site. Might even call a run for that day:D

Any good write-ups/picture threads of this area? I didn't see anything specific on the peakputters site Ben linked too, and most of what I found on Google was ATV stuff.

Always looking for a good excuse to pull the truck over when visiting family in Walla-Walla/Milton-Freewater. Little "high speed" dunes stuff would be pretty fun.
________
FRIEND ADVICE FORUM

Last edited:
mark when you get over this way let me know,ive been known to take the runner over to juniper now and then

I'm with Ceg on Juniper being much better than Moses for more challenging climbs. When I was younger I had a quad and loved to ride juniper, there were hills that I couldn't make unlike Moses. Moses is for RV's, juniper is far better for "wheelers" unless you've got a desert truck.

I'm with Ceg on Juniper being much better than Moses for more challenging climbs. When I was younger I had a quad and loved to ride juniper, there were hills that I couldn't make unlike Moses. Moses is for RV's, juniper is far better for "wheelers" unless you've got a desert truck.

We do do testing out there on our desert race truck. Sand hones the guys talents for racing in Nevada. There's one spot out there where my kid had it up to just shy of 70. Fun stuff:D

The part you would be going to is open. Technically the road in is closed to the public, but there are people driving it every weekend. Drive slow and no one will complain.

Also a word of advice, I was out in february and they are enforcing flags, you might consider picking one up. They dont usually send you packing if it is your first time there but last time a few guys in our group had to run to shumate motorsports and pick a few up.

You wont be disappointed, they are actually some hill climbs, unlike moses.

Forgot to mention before that the BLM has a "Seasonal Closure" on the north end. Haven't determined yet if it covers some of the bigger dunes, but we think it may. We've also had some of the local "young adults" out there doing the party thing, and leaving a hell of a mess behind! Working on that this morning. Had some pretty intense discussion about it last night at out club meeting.

You wont be disappointed, they are actually some hill climbs, unlike moses.
I almost topped this one where you can see the dry sand.
Juniper-29.jpg

Watch out you don't drive off some of these.
Juniper-24.jpg

The big bowl is fun, up, down and around.
Juniper-16.jpg

Forgot to mention before that the BLM has a "Seasonal Closure" on the north end. Haven't determined yet if it covers some of the bigger dunes, but we think it may.
I did not see one sign out there last week. I not sure how you are to know what is closed.