• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Just a simple Sami buggy

DirtMonkey said:
Hadnt been on here in a while, just saw this. I dig it. I am a believer in the mindset, that you haven't truly enjoyed wheelin until you've had a Suzuki buggy. Lightweight and simple. Showing up rigs that cost thousands of dollars more never gets old :woot:

Exactly...never gets old.

DirtMonkey said:
Hadnt been on here in a while, just saw this. I dig it. I am a believer in the mindset, that you haven't truly enjoyed wheelin until you've had a Suzuki buggy. Lightweight and simple. Showing up rigs that cost thousands of dollars more never gets old :woot:

Simple and lightweight is the goal. Just a fun, reliable trail rig that wasn't big $$ to build.

Did get the Reds mounted last weekend.

index.php

Out in the sunshine for the first time, pulled it out of the shop to turn it around. Getting ready to pull the mock-up drivetrain and swap in the real engine and trans so we can start building the t-case mount.

index.php

index.php

index.php

More progress this week. Got the mock-up drivetrain out and the real one in.

index.php

The stock transmission tunnel wasn't going to work with how we want to mount the shifter. Still need to trim more to get the t-case mounted and be able to keep a flat belly.

index.php

index.php

We discussed several different styles for the door bars but in the end we both decided on a simple style. Next time, we'll mount the fuel cell, make the passenger door bar and start on the dash.

index.php

index.php

Finally back to work on the buggy. Built and installed the power steering mount. Nice bonus was the stock serpentine belt still fits. Also tacked on the winch plate to check fitment of the fairlead mount.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

jta said:
This thing is cool. Just out of curiosity why bother with the Samurai tub at all?

Originally the plan was to use the Sami tub to cut down on sheet metal work for the firewall and floor. But the more I think about it, the less I want to keep the stock floor. Not 100% sure what I'll end up doing before I'm done.

untchabl said:
Originally the plan was to use the Sami tub to cut down on sheet metal work for the firewall and floor. But the more I think about it, the less I want to keep the stock floor. Not 100% sure what I'll end up doing before I'm done.

Got it. That 2.0 is gonna be nice

Latest posts