• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Just test drove a new Tundra...

muchado

Just got back from the Stealership... I finally test drove a new Tundra. Had my eye on em for a while, and heard some stuff about that new 5.7L 381HP/401tq motor... BAD_ASS is all I gotta say. The one I drove was a TRD, CrewMax, Limited, 4x4 fully decked. Stickered at 43,700 but the guy quoted me 37,000... Of course this isn't delivery, dealership fees, taxes, and all that bullshit. I am impressed though and hopefully with my new gig eventually I'll be able to afford one. Damn new trucks are expensive! :eek:

The guy had me pull into a parking spot and do a full 360 degree turn and I ended up in the same exact spot. Pretty impressive since my little ass sonoma can't do that or come even close. The power was PLENTY and I don't think I'd have trouble towing my buggy on a single car trailer at all. The bed is only 5.5 foot, but that's plenty for what I use it for. Rear seats had a metric **** ton of leg room... I had the rear seat slid forward and reclined back and still had like 10-12 inches between my knees and the back of the driver seat....I'm thinkin this is bigger cab than the mega cab but that's just my thinking not sure on the actual numbers. ****in sweet truck... Muchado dinero not quite that big ballin quite yet tho drool

Dood here at work has a decked out 2wd and one of our techs had a decked out all black 4wd one this week test driving it. Real nice truck, and yes they are hella manueverable. We whipped a u turn on 2 lane and barely used an entrance to a parking lot... I was pretty impressed by that too.

6sp auto seems to shift alot / search for gear though to me ???

Not a chance I'd drop that kind of coin on a truck, let alone a half ton gasser.

Nice trucks, but Toyota makes ugly fawking vehicles anymore.

P said:
6sp auto seems to shift alot / search for gear though to me ???
My Taco, prerunner, 3.4/auto hunted like a bitch to. Main reason I wanted to sell it other than I wanted no car payments anymore. Plus 19 mpg tops and OD off to pull 2-3 ATV's. Not happenin'

I didnt really notice the gear hunting so much but that's probably since I had so much other **** I was paying attention to... I'll keep that in mind if I go drive one again wth intentions to buy... I'm not digging the payment action either so I may suck it up and save my pay for a few months so I atleast will have a healthy downpayment to bring down my payments... Or do what my mom did and double pay the car payment since I live with my folks and don't pay rent at the moment...

And Chris, on the ugly... I thought they were ugly at first too... now they are really growin on me... they are ****ing nice inside too that's one of the big things for me.. so I can comfortably roll 4 deep out to Colorado, Utah or AlabAAAAma in it...

or find a used one in 8-10 months and be even better off. I should shut my trap. I'll likely drop coin on a new bike this winter, talking 14-15K+taxes and fees. :eek: It's the american way I guess.

I paid 22,500 for my Prerunner, had it 28 months, put 40K on it, sold it for $18,500. Not too shabby at all.

Wish I still had it, but I barely drive 10K a year anymore (I ride nearly 20K though) and that will be even less next year. My 00 Zuk just flipped 50K this week. dunno

MUCHADO said:
And Chris, on the ugly... I thought they were ugly at first too... now they are really growin on me... they are ****ing nice inside too that's one of the big things for me.. so I can comfortably roll 4 deep out to Colorado, Utah or AlabAAAAma in it...
I agree. my 04 looked TITS compared to the 05+, but the interior was typical Toyota PLAIN. The new tacos are slick inside. I have not looked at the Tundras. Hell I have not been on a car lot in over a year. laughing

Bones said:
I agree. my 04 looked TITS compared to the 05+, but the interior was typical Toyota PLAIN. The new tacos are slick inside. I have not looked at the Tundras. Hell I have not been on a car lot in over a year. laughing

I wasnt going to even consider a Tundra... I wanted a 4Runner, but they sticker for around the same price... I'd rather have the truck with the power and ROOMY backseat and a bed I can throw a couple 50's or camping gear in... You're right on the wait 8-10 months and buy a used one. I may just do that. I hate my truck right now but like the rest of the world I hate payments--and would rather save for a period of time. I don't have many bills to pay off to get straight and then my paychecks can ~70% go to saving for a new ride...

YOu're right, it is the american way... I want the nicest damn thing... right now, don't wanna wait or have to work for it... THE AMERICAN DREAM! I mean.. I'm in Jo Co so it's not THAT unnatainable right?! :flipoff1:

Oh hey here's my new job BTW https://beaerospace.tms.hrdepartment.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=2721 I interned for B/E for 2 summers, and finally they had a opening created that I am qualified for in the department I worked in before... My dad has been at B/E for over 30something years and he had lined up the internship originally, but this time I emailed the top guy at the facility asking if there were any job openings that would be a good fit for me since HR was giving me the run-around... Got a call from my old boss, lined up an interview and it went awesome... I was selected for the job but have to wait till December to start... All of this just went down and so that's what's got me thinkin new truck ::)

****, i knew from talking to you yesterday you had the hairy trigger finger goin'. Ha! Save a bit, then go lift that bitch. My main reason for saying get a new ride......your sonoma is a ticking timebomb!

Was that too heavy on the peer pressure dunno

i have been eyeballing one for a while now....got a deal worked and walked ont....then davidsCJ7 went and bought that mofo....

said he would give me a ride in it....lol....same damn truck...but i like $480 a month as opposed to $627.....

thos trucks are NOICE.....my only dislike is that i had a hard time seeing a couple of the guages on it, no matter where i moved the steering wheel in my comfort range....also, the dash is very reminiscant of a nice lexus....almost too nice for a truck...but i likey.....

payments suck.....period.....i am trying to get out of mine....

I am sure David will chime in here and give a review on it based on owning one now. From what he said it has A LOT of power.

I drove David's today and that is one bad mother......I left his driveway and stomped it and the rear broke loose like mad.

I love that truck and it is a tow monster too. That thing is 3/4 ton all day long if you look at the drivetrain. Also, it gets 2 mpg around town better than my 07 double cab taco.

Awesome truck.

I have been a Tundra owner for 1 week. So far, I have no regrets. This thing has a lot of power, plenty of leg room, and a very good ride. I looked at GMC, Chevy and Ford. The Tundra out performed them hands down. The Toyota cost was more than the others but they gave me $1000 more for my trade than anyone else and had 0% financing.

It's not a 1 ton like I had but the only time I really used my big truck was to pull two jeeps and with the exception of a couple of people, that was more of a pain in the ass than it was worth. This truck should do just fine pulling my jeep around and when I am not towing it has the ride quality and luxury of a car.

Lou, you can ride in it anytime you want! ;D

What size tires does it come with stock David? Also what kind of MPG are you seeing? Did you trade in the dually? Price of diesel has me thinking this big ass CTD might send me to the poor house. Definately my favorite gas truck

Mine came with 20's. I am getting 16 mpg right now, hopefully that improves a little.

We are heading to Tellico this weekend so we will see how it tows.

http://www.toyota.com/dyncon/2007/november/vegas.html?siteid=em__novgen07_stry3

intercooled supercharged 5.7...dayum. loller.gif
also cool was a open top FJ Cruiser..finally. :eat:

wade