• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

just wondering

I was just at the rc shop in Covington, and they had one in there. It not being 4wd sucks but you can put an axle that is 4wd up there. I hear they are the next craze in the rock crawling deal. Its an optional turn key rc if you dont want to build one.

Hey Yakimaracer, do you crawl or are you just considering building one? Also where do you live? I only know 1 other guy in Yakima that crawls, and am always looking for more people to crawl with. :hi:
I run a 2.2 TXT and TLT, and my buddy has a super, customfabbed emaxx and a 2.2TLT.

Nathan

im just wanting to build a crawler and sometimes go out and crawl, i live in yakima, wa. i used to race rc offroad in buena until the county shut us down now where hopfully going to open a track at the ahtanum youth park. but when i dont race i im thinking of crawling

OK, I think I know who you are. Did I meet you at CloverLeaf and sign your petition? My daughter and I go to rockcrawling comps. :hi: If you aren't him, then just ignore the upper part:D
If you end up building a crawler, or need any help, let me know, I'm all about crawling, and am willing to help if I can.
Nathan

I haven't had a chance to see any WK axles first hand yet, just on RCC, so I am not sure what chassis would work good with them. Jason custom makes some chassis, and might have a better idea what would work for those axles.
The stock chassis and tranny put the COG way up in the air, pretty top heavy.

what do you guys think of the sw2 or the xrc chassis or should i go tuber they all look cool but i havent done crawling before so you guys have the better knowledge.

Last edited:
Brittany runs an SW2, very nice chassis, very adjustable. My favorite chassis, handsdown. She is currently in 5th place overall for the winter series, competing in the WARCRC club. I got my first look at an XRC chassis last weekend, it appears to be a good chassis as well. Both of these chassis are designed for TLT axles, but you should be able to make them work with WK axles, with some work.
Tubers are way cool, in my opinion, no body to worry about and look cool, but can be tougher to set up correctly, if you have no experience with crawlers.
We should get together one of these days and I can let you drive ours, to get a feel for how they work. I run a 2.2txt with a torsion chassis, no shocks or 4link. Drives different than the SW2, there are certain situations where one outperforms the other.

hey that would be great. So for right now go with the sw2 or the xrc. so where do you go crawling around here any way. you name the time and day to do that. those trucks are really cool

Last edited:
I am running the 55t handwound motors in both of the rigs right now. More power and smoother throttle control than both the integy lathes and axiom modified lathes.
I just found the best rocks in the state a few weeks ago. Behind Fred Meyer, take a left on Naches Heights rd, all the way to the stop sign, take a right, they will be right in front of you, next to the orchard gravel area.:D
There is also another spot, about 1/4mile after you turn onto Naches Heights rd.
We usually go out most saturdays, and some evenings, if Britt has her homework caught up. Next saturday we have a comp over on the coast, so maybe the saturday after that we could get together and you could try out the rigs.
If you haven't yet, check out warcrc.org, that's one of the clubs we are in.

Last edited:
that would be cool its not to far away for me. im already starting to collect things for my crawler. For right now i have the 55t integy motor. thats one thing i would like to see is the comp. Are there many people go to the comp. I just dont have a rig to go. let me know the time and place , ill be there.

It sounds like we might have a comp here on saturday the 21st. That would be the best way for you to check out a bunch of different rigs and setups. This would be the EWRCRC club(eastern wash), which has about 10 members or so. The WARCRC club has 30+ members, and most of them have 2 or more trucks. I'll let you know for sure if they are coming on the 21st. Either way we can crawl on the 21st.
Nathan

A buddy bought a WK and all the parts to make it 4wd. Its converted to 4wd now, the rear is locked but neither of us has had time to do the suspension. Once I start the new local job Im sure it'll go quickly. I'll post pic's if anyone cares.

Latest posts