• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Justified" new FX show in Harlan

blacksheep10

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver
Kansas, where we know how to wheel, nowhere to go
Set in Harlan, KY. White supremacists (led by the neck from "the shield" which I loved) and Timothy Olyphant, who is fawking awesome as the US Marshall trying to take it down. Olyphant was in Girl Next Door, and GO. both great movies, as well as "Deadwood" as the sheriff on HBO. Good stuff, but it cracked me up all the talk about mining, racism, drugs, etc set in Harlan. I was waiting for a rock crawler to go by in the background. laughing1

Its too bad they didnt actually film it in Harlan. Only parts of the trailer for the show were filmed in harlan, the rest was filmed in some part of Cali. :gay:

Still looks to be a pretty cool show though and im going to atleast try and catch an episode or two to see what its all about.

If they filmed it in Harlan they would have to include the lady at the Dairy Hut with her crooked painted on eyebrows for full Harlan effect.

74_Chevota said:
Its too bad they didnt actually film it in Harlan. Only parts of the trailer for the show were filmed in harlan, the rest was filmed in some part of Cali. :gay:

Still looks to be a pretty cool show though and im going to atleast try and catch an episode or two to see what its all about.
overall I really enjoyed it. A little over the top on some of it. For reference, I love "the shield" and Deadwood.

Olyphant rocks, he was in A Perfect Getaway and was awesome also. I mean to watch that show, need to set the TiVO. Did not know it was set in Harlan, but they got it right with the crime....

watched ii liked it. sucked cause im working in colorado so it didnt come on til 11. fx does good with all their shows. we like rescue me and nip/tuck, but that is cancelled

my wife already recorded it! :woot: just watched the trailer and sure as ****, its just like Harlan...lol looks like it will be a pretty damn good show.

Brian

Ya, alot of people don't know the history about Harland. It's actually a rough area. Buddy of mine worked with a guy from Harland, and he said your lucky none of you guys have been shot yet. One time we were eating at The Dairy Hut, and this local dude walked in and tryed to make my dad get out of his seat. Then like about a month later the same guy was eating when we walked in. My dad told him he was in his seat, and I thought we were about to throw down.

blacksheep10 said:
overall I really enjoyed it. A little over the top on some of it. For reference, I love "the shield" and Deadwood.

Im hoping this will be a "The Shield" replacement. That was my favorite show of all time. Im still waiting on "Rescue Me" and it dosen't start till June.

3 tons o fun said:
Im hoping this will be a "The Shield" replacement. That was my favorite show of all time. Im still waiting on "Rescue Me" and it dosen't start till June.
me too, but they're very limited with where they can go and not get stupid. The shield had so many story lines as it was set in a huge city with lots of gang violence. The US marshalls trying to clean up a small Ky town? And this bad guy can't live on forever, I mean, he was shot in the first episode laughing1

I think this show is gonna have a lot of flashbacks. I noticed everyone kept askin if he'd seen his dad. Why hasnt he seen him? And the whole "we used to dig coal together" phrase. Why did he leave and go to Miami. Lot of back and forth stuff is my prediction.

I loved the first episode and hope they keep it hardcore and not start watering it down with a bunch of crap. I loved "The Shield" but I don't think it was ever the same after the first episode.

My in-laws are from that area of Kentucky so occasionally I'm up there and we still get the weekly newspaper from Manchester. Reading the paper and watching that program and knowing a good many people up there........it's pretty darn realistic! lol The feds have basically been living in Clay County, Kentucky for several years now trying to "clean it up" so they say. I'm thinking most of the good folks up there would just like to be left alone. :woody:

we watched it a couple of days ago, I was pretty impressed. what killed me was there were not any mountains! :wtflol: it all looked pretty flat or just some hills. oh well, looking forward to more episodes.

Brian

Yep.....I agree.....a little letdown but still better than the other channels. I might be losing my mind but didn't they show a different preview after last week's show than what we saw last night? I saw a commercial all week of the bad guys getting Olyphant in the store but I swear last week's previews for this week showed him getting beatdown by thugs and then lying on a bed all battered talking about getting beat up?WTF?