• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kayaking!

ibrokeit

Brock Higdon- Auburn, AL
Found a thread but its been dead for quite a while so figured I would start a new one. Anybody in here kayak? Ive been using a rec boat for a while and recently bought a Pyranha Shiva creeker. Loving it so far...still trying to nail my roll down pat. Been going to the hooch in Columbus, GA and the Coosa in Wetumpka. These are from last sunday at 4000 flow. Plan on heading back Sunday Oct 7th. Will be flowing at 8000 then.

null-30.jpg

null-29.png

I've got flatwater boats and love them. I've done whitewater but it kills my knees. You think rolling a whitewater boat is hard try doing in a 14' flatwater boat.

Me and the ole lady have got a pair of kayaks. We do a creek in huntsville sometimes, but have a really sick place called blackwater creek right here by the house in jasper that was flowing great sunday. It is a pretty rocky bottom dragging place when the water is down, but sunday it was up. Instead of it taking un 3.5 hrs, we did it in 2 hrs and it was awesome! :dblthumb:

I go kayaking, but haven't found any whitewater near me,i don't have a glove for mine so I usually go in big groups with canoes,i have went in a flash flood and almost drown, that was a blast though..i go down the buffalo, shoals creek, cypress creek, and a few small ones around the house.

We go some Brock. Have done the Coosa at 2000 and at 8000. Really thought there were more rapids at 2000. At 8000 a lot of the stuff was just covered up. However you get down the river a lot faster at 8000 and also it allows you to go to the left at the first set of small rapids and stay left of that island. Either way the Coosa is a great time! Be sure to hit the rope swing!

Both times I've done every rapid on the Coosa in my Perception with my 6 year old sitting in my lap w/o any issues at all.

Brokeit,

Im into boatn, wish we had something around here that run all the time. the shiva seams to be a really good boat, alot of the guys i boat with are useing them and have had know complaints.

When you get a solid roll your boating will change dramatically. confidence goes up and you find yourself not needing to roll as often. Try and get a playboat of some sort for the easier rivers, surfing, and playboating is one of the best things you can do to progress your skills.

maybe see you on a river somewhere,

Heath

I like floatin in big ol Inner Tubes down teh Caney Fork with a half submerged cooler in tow... you gotta be crafty an miss the interstate bridge pillars... :drinkers:

Does that count?

TBItoy said:
I like floatin in big ol Inner Tubes down teh Caney Fork with a half submerged cooler in tow... you gotta be crafty an miss the interstate bridge pillars... :drinkers:

Does that count?

Heck yeah! :dblthumb:

TBItoy said:
You get funny looks from all the Nashville "tourists" that rent canoes from the "Caney Fork Adventure" rental places, an you know they're just jealous :dblthumb:

Yep, I saw plenty with those floating coolers on the Coosa-hitting the rapids with them too!